The old Dean Martin celebrity roasts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 02:27 AM
The old Dean Martin celebrity roasts.
I've been watching a few of these lately. Hard to believe they date back so far. 1973 is one of the oldest so far.

Last night I watched Dean's roast. Today Don Rickles. I've seen the Sinatra roast. (amazing anyone lived after that!)

Anybody see these? Many are on youtube now.

Here's the Sammy Davis Jnr roast.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
06-04-2016, 01:45 PM
RE: The old Dean Martin celebrity roasts.
I used to watch these with my grandparents. They had the whole set on vhs. SOOO funny!
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
06-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Back when the a Roast ment something. Now anyone that wants a little air time gets one on comedy central. I think the major difference is that most of these older roast where among pears and friends. So they could get away with digging into them a little more.

If you watch the ones from comedy central they stick in people that have no business being on the stage. The Situation, Justin Beiber, Flavor Flave. are the first three that pop to mind. Everything's canned, every jokes repeated, every celeb doesn't know each other. I feel there's no real shock value because most of the "jokes" are things that everyone has said before about the "target". Most of the really funny stuff comes when they're talking about the other celebs on the panel. The stuff that feels or sounds off the cuff.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
06-04-2016, 02:25 PM
I remember my parents watching when I was a kid. They're great and Rickles kills me. Foster Brooks too!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
06-04-2016, 02:56 PM
I watched them with my dad when we finally got a tv. I learned something of how to be funny from watching these very funny people. That's not tea or soda in the drinks on the dias either. Love them.

Crap Banjo, now you've ruined all my plans for the day. I gotta watch a few of these.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Where do you suppose I got the idea????

Signed

Jeffery Dahmer
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post