The old me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2012, 01:03 AM
RE: The old me.
xLeg - Sorry you're going through shit.

You seem to be very... aware, which makes me think you'll be OK. You're self confident enough to know your own mind, to know that your parents are feeding you a line of bullshit with the "you so evil" type comments. It's not pleasant having to deal with... aggressive people who have some sort of hold over you, especially if they're people you love.

The cutting and stuff... and the going back to the old you... I find that these things come in waves for me. (I don't cut btw). But every time I go through a down patch (which can last months), I know that I will eventually pull through.

Good luck, and use TTA to blow off steam when you can Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Sad to hear about all this, it is unfortunate that I'm not good at comforting talky stuff...

My social awkwardness aside, I hope that you feel better later...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
05-09-2012, 05:34 AM
When I'm down or mad at something I usually write a song... is there some kind of creative outlet for you? It really works for me.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
05-09-2012, 11:34 AM
(05-09-2012 05:34 AM)frankiej Wrote:  When I'm down or mad at something I usually write a song... is there some kind of creative outlet for you? It really works for me.

Songs are great.
I usually write poetry or do something crafty (draw a picture, paint, customize my room, etc...)

I'll try that.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Just a little update:

Me and the boyfriend are doing fine, and his mother is beginning to cool down.
That was a lot of what I was worried about because, literally, he's my best friend.

I'm wearing tons of bracelets on each arm in hope that it'll help me forget the scars and not be tempted to self-harm.

The family and I are still struggling, but it isn't as bad.

Hopefully, I can have a friend over this weekend, to help and ease the stress.

Geez, I need a smoke.
(even though i don't do that anymore)

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

[+] 6 users Like legendoflink's post
05-09-2012, 12:39 PM
(05-09-2012 11:41 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  Just a little update:

Me and the boyfriend are doing fine, and his mother is beginning to cool down.
That was a lot of what I was worried about because, literally, he's my best friend.

I'm wearing tons of bracelets on each arm in hope that it'll help me forget the scars and not be tempted to self-harm.

The family and I are still struggling, but it isn't as bad.

Hopefully, I can have a friend over this weekend, to help and ease the stress.

Geez, I need a smoke.
(even though i don't do that anymore)

I''ll add to the cyberhugs: {{{{{{{xLegendofLink096x}}}}}}}

I'm sad to hear things aren't well with you, but glad to hear they are becoming at least slightly less awful. I don't have any experience with cutting, but I have battled depression for most of my life. I don't know if this is helpful or not, but one thing I've learned over the last handful of years is that the feelings aren't permanent. This morning I didn't want to get out of bed because I knew I had sixty-bajillion things I had to do today that I Just Didn't Want To Deal With™. I didn't get them all done, but I knocked out the most important one and felt a lot better. I'll feel stronger tomorrow and I'll get the rest done. The depression drags at me and saps my strength, but I just try to hold on and put one foot in front of the other. Having friends to connect with has always been helpful for me. Even if they're online friends. It's important to have someone to go 'OMG this crap totally happened and WTFBBQ' so they can commiserate and maybe even offer some helpful advice. Or just hang out with you for a while until you feel better.

Anyway, I hope things keep improving for you. You've got lots of folks here to type to, at the least, and even if we can't be there physically for you, I hope it helps to know we're thinking of you.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
05-09-2012, 02:29 PM
<offtopic>
wow deepblue
I LOVE your signature!!!
</offtopic>

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
06-09-2012, 11:26 AM
(05-09-2012 12:39 PM)calmblueocean Wrote:  [I''ll add to the cyberhugs: {{{{{{{xLegendofLink096x}}}}}}}

I'm sad to hear things aren't well with you, but glad to hear they are becoming at least slightly less awful. I don't have any experience with cutting, but I have battled depression for most of my life. I don't know if this is helpful or not, but one thing I've learned over the last handful of years is that the feelings aren't permanent. This morning I didn't want to get out of bed because I knew I had sixty-bajillion things I had to do today that I Just Didn't Want To Deal With™. I didn't get them all done, but I knocked out the most important one and felt a lot better. I'll feel stronger tomorrow and I'll get the rest done. The depression drags at me and saps my strength, but I just try to hold on and put one foot in front of the other. Having friends to connect with has always been helpful for me. Even if they're online friends. It's important to have someone to go 'OMG this crap totally happened and WTFBBQ' so they can commiserate and maybe even offer some helpful advice. Or just hang out with you for a while until you feel better.

Anyway, I hope things keep improving for you. You've got lots of folks here to type to, at the least, and even if we can't be there physically for you, I hope it helps to know we're thinking of you.

Hug
Though people know me on here, I don't have many people that I can go to, in person.
It sucks.
I'm just not a people person.

Thank you very much for your concern and advice. I truly appreciate it.
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
06-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Sarah, you know that I, as well as others, are here for you.

Let me know if you need to talk.

May not mean much, but my wife and I will be praying for you.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
06-09-2012, 11:47 AM
(06-09-2012 11:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sarah, you know that I, as well as others, are here for you.

Let me know if you need to talk.

May not mean much, but my wife and I will be praying for you.

Thank you.
Hug

Prayer can work miracles.
Who knows what lies ahead of me.

PS. And with a wife like that praying for me who knows what could happen? Drooling