The omniscient one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: The omniscient one
The concept of an All powerful and All seeing God is by definition a endless paradox. My reply to most presupositionnalist on the question of «How do you know you are not a brain in a vat?» is usually: «if we are the creation of an All powerful and All seeing God then he is a brain in a vat and we are nothing more then a fragment of a thought of mind traped in a vaccum, in complete delirium, with no chance of recovery.» I know it's a cheap way to dodge their question, but sometime they fall in the trap of trying to debate my own smokesreen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 09:07 PM
(07-01-2015 05:44 AM)jarrettleerose Wrote:  Very simple question: Why would an omniscient God create people he knew would reject him? Why not just skip their existence and save yourself the headache? If we are created to worship God why give us freewill to reject him?

What makes you think there is a god and that we are created?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
10-01-2015, 02:32 AM
(09-01-2015 09:07 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 05:44 AM)jarrettleerose Wrote:  Very simple question: Why would an omniscient God create people he knew would reject him? Why not just skip their existence and save yourself the headache? If we are created to worship God why give us freewill to reject him?

What makes you think there is a god and that we are created?

because there's an old story book that doesn't have a content rating Smartass
10-01-2015, 02:38 AM
(10-01-2015 02:32 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 09:07 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  What makes you think there is a god and that we are created?

because there's an old story book that doesn't have a content rating Smartass

Of course it doesn't have a content rating.

If anybody went and took the time to do a thorough, objective look at the bible (indeed all such books) and classified them, they'd probably be filed away under the 'No Sell' section of the ratings. At the least it'd be rated R18+

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
10-01-2015, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 11:59 AM by Ace.)
(10-01-2015 02:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 02:32 AM)Ace Wrote:  because there's an old story book that doesn't have a content rating Smartass

Of course it doesn't have a content rating.

If anybody went and took the time to do a thorough, objective look at the bible (indeed all such books) and classified them, they'd probably be filed away under the 'No Sell' section of the ratings. At the least it'd be rated R18+

R18+ ???

sounds a bit too lenient
10-01-2015, 02:01 PM
(10-01-2015 10:43 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 02:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Of course it doesn't have a content rating.

R18+ ???

sounds a bit too lenient

As I said 'At least'. But aside from total censorship (which I raised as 'no sell') it's as high as it could applicably go, at least where I live.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-01-2015, 02:06 PM
(10-01-2015 10:43 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 02:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Of course it doesn't have a content rating.

R18+ ???

sounds a bit too lenient

easiest thing would be just to classify it as the fiction it is, and be done with it. Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
11-01-2015, 04:45 AM
(10-01-2015 02:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:43 AM)Ace Wrote:  R18+ ???

sounds a bit too lenient

easiest thing would be just to classify it as the fiction it is, and be done with it. Smile

done, whats next

[Image: Bible_fiction.jpg]
[Image: 205817_1651864470862_1664533225_1391307_...height=453]
[Image: o-BIBLE-facebook.jpg]