The on-going saga...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
18-12-2010, 04:52 PM
RE: The on-going saga...
After this I feel like reading some of their sheet. I think I still have some that some weird guy gave me months ago when I was waiting for a bus. Even if I don't have them, there has to be some in this house.
I mean, who hasn't had Jehovas behind their door? They must have used at least one rainforest so far to their magazines.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2010, 12:20 AM
I've read the pamphlet they gave me, and in it they claim that the six day creation story is not supposed to be interpreted literally. But somehow I felt like they where still going on and on about it. So I suspect them of using this approach to lure me in so they can further brainwash me once they have a foot inside the door. What do their pamphlets say in your countries?

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
19-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:What do their pamphlets say in your countries?
In this months ''Wake Up!'' there's stuff about how celebrating christmas is wrong, about the Haiti earthquake and the end of the world (there are more earthquakes coming, the end is near), how God has given salmons their good orienteering skills, how God has made some woman happy, and about Assyria in the history of the bible.
They're funny.

Accept me or go to hell.
19-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Uhm , I know this may seem stupid this late in the post but what do you mean by : "Wake Up"-some sort of Christian doomsday pamflet ,or ?
19-12-2010, 08:30 AM
(19-12-2010 08:17 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Uhm , I know this may seem stupid this late in the post but what do you mean by : "Wake Up"-some sort of Christian doomsday pamflet ,or ?

A monthly Jehovas Witnessers magazine. I checked wikipedia and it seems that the English name for it is ''Awake!''. Doomsday and the end of times is a very common topic among JWs.

Accept me or go to hell.
19-12-2010, 10:06 AM
In Norway it's called "the lighthouse"

19-12-2010, 11:37 AM
They have "Awake!" and "The Watchtower" here in Canada.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
19-12-2010, 11:18 PM
It's "The Watchtower" down here in Amurrika.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
19-12-2010, 11:25 PM

My mom is an Orthodox Christian. A few years ago when a couple from the Watchtower came over to our house, my mother tried to convert THEM to the Orthodox church. They never showed up again! It was very funny to watch though.
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2010, 12:21 AM
My father told me about the one time JW came around to their house. This is when me and my brother where very young, so I don't remember it myself. Apparently my mom got furious and asked them "so you are the assholes who say that I cant give my children blood transfusions!?". My dad swears this is the only time he's been scared of my mom. Tongue