• 1 Votes - 4 Average
20-12-2010, 12:31 AM
RE: The on-going saga...
Can I worship you on sundays?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Gee, and all I did when I had a couple of JWs at my door was ask them why they would have faith in a proven con artist. You people have had a lot more fun playing with them. Tongue
20-12-2010, 04:27 AM
In Romania they have "Turnul de veghe" - "The Watchtower".
They came to my door , I said i was already a good Christian and slammed the door in their face.
A neighbor started arguing with them as I did this.
I went and cranked up Slayer-The Antichrist on my PC subsequently.
20-12-2010, 07:57 AM
First off, amazing that you did that. I never felt really obliqued to de-convert people from their religion, but Creationism on the other hand, is something that I would like gone. Now. Major applauds to you.

I feel somewhat left out here. Living miles from the nearest town and in the middle of the woods, we get no JW or Mormons. We did get Scientologists one day, which considering the long stretch of a dirt road winding through a strangely dense frost for the desert, surprised me enough to listen for their insanity for half a minute.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
20-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Uhm ashley , no offense , but where on Earth do you live ? an ivory tower :o ?
20-12-2010, 11:24 AM
(20-12-2010 10:39 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Uhm ashley , no offense , but where on Earth do you live ? an ivory tower :o ?

No, that'd be to easy to spot. In the middle of the woods a few miles from a small town surround by nothing but other small towns. Apparently the road to my house is too frightening for most. It has its ups and downs. I don't get mail delivered here, and our physical address is a little but fuzzy, but no JWs.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
20-12-2010, 12:26 PM
argh! I have lied! I just checked, and the JW pamphlet is called Watchtower in Norway as well. Not Lighthouse. Stupid Teflon brain! Sad

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
20-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Check to make sure that you're not wearing your helmet with the horns on the inside. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes No J.'s post
21-12-2010, 11:12 AM
(20-12-2010 11:24 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  No, that'd be to easy to spot. In the middle of the woods a few miles from a small town surround by nothing but other small towns. Apparently the road to my house is too frightening for most. It has its ups and downs. I don't get mail delivered here, and our physical address is a little but fuzzy, but no JWs.

Oh boy, and I thought I had it hard being an atheist in a city of 200k people.Are the towns at least friendly or are we talking small-town syndrome ?

Also , there's a breed of dogs that was used for hunting slaves in South Africa - since bigotry is gone I wonder if we can re-purpose the breed to guard against religious missionaries ?

Canis lupus familiaris anti-monastica (used online translators) Tongue
21-12-2010, 12:48 PM
(20-12-2010 10:39 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Uhm ashley , no offense , but where on Earth do you live ? an ivory tower :o ?

I had a huuuuuge crush on that girl when I was like 7. Tongue

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you