The on-going saga...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
05-02-2011, 03:02 PM
RE: The on-going saga...
*APPLAUSE and WHISTLING*

Although that guy who's now an ex-JW might be having some tough times, I'm still happy for him. I'm almost wordless.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Excellent, dude. Next time they show up I hope your dog is very hungry, and the leash is worn down to a thread. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
05-02-2011, 07:14 PM
LOL, I doubt they'll come back. My dogs don't wear leashes, and I gave her a "hold" command. She sits down in front of me, facing them, shows her teeth and snarls. I'd guess they don't want to find out what she does when I tell her to go for it. (Even though the most she'd do is lick them to death)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
06-02-2011, 06:03 AM
What right do they have to come to your house and scold you for putting doubt in one of their followers mind? Obviously he was questioning his faith in the first place. You handled the situation well and you have given us all something to think about when put in that situation.

Great job.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2011, 05:25 PM
(14-12-2010 10:21 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ...of "Stark Raving and the JWs"

As some of you know, I've had a few JWs coming to visit me every couple weeks, for the past 6 months or so. I recently told them, that since I had read the book they recommended to me (the bible) I thought it only fair that they read my recommendation. The Greatest Show on Earth, by Richard Dawkins. At that particular visit, it was an older gentleman with a young man (mid to late twenties?) Immediately after finding out it was a book about evolution, the older man declined, stating that he'd "heard all about it (evolution), and had already proven it false". Well today (it's tuesday, and the JWs ALWAYS come on saturdays) the younger man came by. He was alone (JWs NEVER visit alone, which is justifiable for safety reasons) and looked almost afraid. I said, with a smile, "hey Kevin! Whats up?" That's when he said it. Something that made my heart skip a beat. He asked the name of that book I'd recommended. It all made sense. He wanted to learn, but couldn't say so in front of his fellow door-knocker. I didn't want to push him, so I decided to not even offer to talk. I only said that I'd love to hear what he thought of the book after he'd read it. Then I handed him my own copy. I swear, the guy just about blew a head gasket. He was flabbergasted that an atheist was actually GIVING him this book. I told him it made excellent reading, especially when you need some private time, and are all alone. We shared a knowing look, and he was gone.

Wow. What an experience. I really hope I get to talk to him again. It made the whole summer of discussions, with what I thought was a brick wall, worth it.
Wow! That's a great story!Cool

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.