The one good Christian I know.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2014, 06:13 PM
The one good Christian I know.
So those that know me know about my tense relationship with my father in regards to religion. One thing I never touched on was how my mom felt about this. Many times me and my father have our talks she's not there. The only time she was present was the day I actually told both of them on the phone.

My mom said only asked me why and when she heard my reason left it alone. Since then she has not once pestered me or pressured me about religion. I'm sure she pray's for me but like most respectful people do she keeps it to herself.

It's not just with religion in which my mom is just fully understanding and loving. I'm sure one of my cousins is gay and most everyone in the family knows. Most everyone treats him like shit(his own fucking mom as a matter of fact) especially the men. They always tried "toughen him up" when we were growing up and I saw how much pain it put him in that everyone just picked on him even his family.

My mom was the only adult who ever stood up for him and basically treats him like her own(way better than his mom for sure) and always tells him never to be anyone but himself. Keep in mind this woman is a southern baptist always in church and such. She never ever acts like she better or deserving or puts down people(or at least she keeps it to herself).

Anyway if most Christians (hell most people) were this accepting of others things would be a lot easier. She's one of the main reason's I learned to always be kind even to those who differ from you. Just wanted to share that there are some very kind non-judgmental southern Christians out there.

You rock mom(Yeah I'm a mamma's boy so what lol) Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like MrKrispy601's post
01-07-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: The one good Christian I know.
(01-07-2014 06:13 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So those that know me know about my tense relationship with my father in regards to religion. One thing I never touched on was how my mom felt about this. Many times me and my father have our talks she's not there. The only time she was present was the day I actually told both of them on the phone.

My mom said only asked me why and when she heard my reason left it alone. Since then she has not once pestered me or pressured me about religion. I'm sure she pray's for me but like most respectful people do she keeps it to herself.

It's not just with religion in which my mom is just fully understanding and loving. I'm sure one of my cousins is gay and most everyone in the family knows. Most everyone treats him like shit(his own fucking mom as a matter of fact) especially the men. They always tried "toughen him up" when we were growing up and I saw how much pain it put him in that everyone just picked on him even his family.

My mom was the only adult who ever stood up for him and basically treats him like her own(way better than his mom for sure) and always tells him never to be anyone but himself. Keep in mind this woman is a southern baptist always in church and such. She never ever acts like she better or deserving or puts down people(or at least she keeps it to herself).

Anyway if most Christians (hell most people) were this accepting of others things would be a lot easier. She's one of the main reason's I learned to always be kind even to those who differ from you. Just wanted to share that there are some very kind non-judgmental southern Christians out there.

She sounds like a wonderful person. You should be glad to have her in your life.
01-07-2014, 10:50 PM
If you haven't yet, you should tell her that. I'm sure she'd be pleased to hear it.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 3 users Like Colourcraze's post
02-07-2014, 12:10 AM
(01-07-2014 06:13 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Anyway if most Christians (hell most people) were this accepting of others things would be a lot easier. She's one of the main reason's I learned to always be kind even to those who differ from you. Just wanted to share that there are some very kind non-judgmental southern Christians out there.

Being gay sadly still holds some negative stigma, and I hate it. My nephew, who I helped raise, is gay. It breaks my heart to think that anyone has ever said something to hurt that boy. Angry

I have another nephew who is gay, but engaged to a girl.....due to religious pressures. Angry

And you are right, there are some very understanding christians out there.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
02-07-2014, 05:52 AM
(01-07-2014 06:13 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So those that know me know about my tense relationship with my father in regards to religion. One thing I never touched on was how my mom felt about this. Many times me and my father have our talks she's not there. The only time she was present was the day I actually told both of them on the phone.

There are a few out there. A very dear friend of mine is quite religious but we manage to see past our differences and don't try to change each other.

We are both so much more than out faith or lack of.

Very cool that your mom gives you the unconditional love that you would hope all parents would give their kids. To your mom - Thumbsup

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Sounds very much like my mom, and my husband's mother too. I'm the only person I know of that actually LOVES their mother-in-law lol. Both are Christians. There are some really great Christian people out there.