The one thing I cannot understand about people.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 02:13 PM
The one thing I cannot understand about people.
The one thing the truly boggles my mind and something that I actually cannot wrap my head around even the simplest parts of their concepts is racism and tribalism.

The idea that a group of anyone is better or that we should hate x because of t is something I cannot possibly understand. I read the hate, I heard the speeches and the anti jew this and those niggers that. But understanding it is impossible for me.

How or why do people even think like this? It is completely illogical that someone is inferior simply because they live in a different geographical location and due to naturalistic evolution processes have developed a darker pigmentation of their skin should be hated for evolution and geography.

I try to think about any concept of it and my mind draws a complete blank as to how or why anyone would think like that. Anyone care to try and explain this?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
14-07-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: The one thing I cannot understand about people.
There is th e problem. They aren't being logical
14-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Well a lot of the problem with Racism is not the KKK meeting. That is easy to see and, now at least, appalling to the average person. However there is a lot of invisible racism that permeates our culture.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Its fear based, and instinctual, unfortunately.

Even when only the same "kind" (race, culture etc.) of people are to be found in an area, the ones from the other village or the other side of the mountain were considered weird outsiders or even evil.

It goes back to not wanting anyone to intrude in your hunting grounds, it would mean there would be less food. It goes back to territorial fights, invasions from other tribes and such.

Luckily we are evolving away from that, slowly but surely...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
14-07-2015, 03:05 PM
A lot of people get their racism from the same place they get their religion.
Parents.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
14-07-2015, 10:56 PM

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
14-07-2015, 11:06 PM
We evolved a response to in-group/out-group tensions. That drives most social, and therefore personal, communication.
16-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Evolution. We don't like those unlike us.
16-07-2015, 04:26 AM
I have trouble understanding it, too... and then I think about how much better Auburn is than Alabama (major college rivalry for those of you not from the U.S.). Row Tide!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
16-07-2015, 04:45 AM
(16-07-2015 04:26 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I have trouble understanding it, too... and then I think about how much better Auburn is than Alabama (major college rivalry for those of you not from the U.S.). Row Tide!

In my neck of the woods its the Red River Rivalry...Boomer Sooner!