The one thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: The one thing
(08-03-2016 03:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 02:48 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I suffer from suicidal depression, and have attempted to kill myself on three separate occasions.

Built a nitrogen exit bag 4 decades ago when my Black Dog first started going rabid. Never tried it. Never will try it. It's kinda foolproof, if I use it it will not be a try but rather a done deal. But I have spent many many hours gazing at it and contemplating its significance. It has saved my sorry ass many many times.

Kinda like Sam Malone's bottle cap. Hopefully some will get that reference. Thanks, Girly.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
08-03-2016, 03:35 PM
On a marginally less depressing note, I am a college student, currently studying for a Master's in literature, with a focus on American genre fiction (specifically, horror) from the early nineteenth century on.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
08-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Hmmm I think everyone pretty much knows everything about me. The only thing I guess I could say is that I fit really well into an upper class world (it's how I was raised, it's *every* single guy I've ever dated). But I would love to run away from all of it. And would love to go off the grid, spend my days hiking and backpacking (like that Reese Witherspoon movie or Into the Wild) and doing yoga. Maybe stopping once a month at a random hotel for a hot shower.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
08-03-2016, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 04:00 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
I've dealt with some severe family issues over the past few years, and now I'm working towards focusing on my own mental health and getting my shit together generally. Things are getting better, though.

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
08-03-2016, 04:03 PM
I suffer from pretty bad depression, hypochondria and very very low self esteem, though I try not to dwell on it.
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-03-2016, 04:05 PM
(08-03-2016 04:03 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I suffer from pretty bad depression, hypochondria and very very low self esteem, though I try not to dwell on it.

Girly, on the other hand tries to revel in it. .... or at least wallow in it. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-03-2016, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 04:11 PM by Hobbitgirl.)
(08-03-2016 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 04:03 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I suffer from pretty bad depression, hypochondria and very very low self esteem, though I try not to dwell on it.

Girly, on the other hand tries to revel in it. .... or at least wallow in it. Big Grin

I wallow in it from time to time.

Part of me realizes feeling sorry for myself wont get me anywhere so that helps.

*edit* Plus being a mommy has helped a bit. I have a little one who watches me, and I dont want her to ever feel how I do.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-03-2016, 04:15 PM
(08-03-2016 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Sure, but not everyone has a physique as built for wallowing as you do, Girly...
Wink

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
08-03-2016, 04:18 PM

Well, you're awesome to me. Thanks for this.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
08-03-2016, 04:19 PM
(08-03-2016 03:56 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I've dealt with some severe family issues over the past few years, and now I'm working towards focusing on my own mental health and getting my shit together generally. Things are getting better, though.

Glad things are improving, hope this forum helps with that.

----