The one thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: The one thing
(08-03-2016 04:18 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 04:03 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I suffer from pretty bad depression, hypochondria and very very low self esteem, though I try not to dwell on it.

Well, you're awesome to me. Thanks for this.

Thank you, thats nice of you to say. Smile

I suppose I should do something positive as well, not be such a sourpuss.

I used to play lasertag with a nationals team. I even have a medal! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-03-2016, 04:23 PM
(08-03-2016 04:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 04:18 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Well, you're awesome to me. Thanks for this.

Thank you, thats nice of you to say. Smile

I suppose I should do something positive as well, not be such a sourpuss.

I used to play lasertag with a nationals team. I even have a medal! Big Grin

Now I think you're awesomeful!!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
08-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Living close to my family causes me extreme anxiety, but the consequence of living away from them is that I miss them so bad some nights I cry myself to sleep. I'm fearful that one day the pressure of choosing between anxiety or depression will become too much, and I hate the thought of my mental issues winning.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-03-2016, 04:31 PM
(08-03-2016 04:29 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Living close to my family causes me extreme anxiety, but the consequence of living away from them is that I miss them so bad some nights I cry myself to sleep. I'm fearful that one day the pressure of choosing between anxiety or depression will become too much, and I hate the thought of my mental issues winning.

Now THIS I can relate to, though not quite as extreme. I actually moved across the country so that we could all be together, but now years later, I wish they stayed and I went alone.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
08-03-2016, 04:33 PM
I know what Unbeliever said, but I'm still giving hugs to everyone in here Wink

multi Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-03-2016, 04:50 PM
(08-03-2016 04:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I know what Unbeliever said, but I'm still giving hugs to everyone in here Wink

How dare you be loving and considerate towards us.

How dare.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 7 users Like Unbeliever's post
08-03-2016, 04:54 PM
(08-03-2016 04:50 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 04:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I know what Unbeliever said, but I'm still giving hugs to everyone in here Wink

How dare you be loving and considerate towards us.

How dare.

Just for that now you get more hugs Tongue Hug Laugh out load Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
08-03-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm an alcoholic who has recently entered recovery. I'm sure my friends (and plenty of total strangers) had the first part figured out. The second I don't really quack about in real life, because recovery is about deeds, not words.
[+] 10 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
08-03-2016, 05:02 PM
(08-03-2016 04:29 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Living close to my family causes me extreme anxiety, but the consequence of living away from them is that I miss them so bad some nights I cry myself to sleep. I'm fearful that one day the pressure of choosing between anxiety or depression will become too much, and I hate the thought of my mental issues winning.

My neurotransmitters ain't looking to go all Charlie Sheen on me. They're just trying to help. But they are out of their depth. Headshrinks got some seriously powerful pharmaceutical aids to assist them.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Hobbitgirl mentioned having a medal. I have a few trophies, but in my case that sounds more impressive than it really is. Two of them are for chess tournaments, but (a) they are second-place trophies, and (b) I won them in the reserve section of the tournament (where the really good people aren't allowed to play). I also won a trophy in a guitar competition back when I was a kid, although that trophy has long since disappeared.

I have never been better than mediocre at either chess or music. But if the competition is weak enough, you can win trophies.

Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post