The one thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: The one thing
I have spoken a lot about my past and present here. No need to add anything. I am concerned this cancer will get me, but then I think how people die all the time. A 17 year old girl was killed the other day in an equestrian event. Bloody horse landed on her. Tragic.

Who am I to worry?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
08-03-2016, 09:28 PM
(08-03-2016 05:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What's something that nobody here knows about me...

About this time of year, 34 years ago, I had a four year old and an infant. My husband had left Iowa for Oklahoma to stay with a friend in hopes of finding work so that we could start a new life. There wasn't much opportunity where we were and our lifestyle needed to change for the sake of us and the kids.

Around 3:00 one morning there was loud banging on the metal part of the front storm door. We were living in what had been my grandparents' house on what was then the family owned farm. I opened the door and walked out on the steps to find two officers with their service revolvers drawn and pointed at my head. FUCK!

They had a warrant for my husband's arrest. Though I had told him not to sell coke to a guy who had been calling for months, he had. And of course the guy was a narc...just like I said. There were two more officers at the back door to prevent an escape. They searched the house for my husband and didn't find him, of course, he was several states away. But on their search they found a triple beam scale and therefore had probable cause to search everywhere.

They found some cut but couldn't prove that's what it was and they took a container I carried in my purse with prenatal vitamins and iron. They had nothing to charge me with.

One cop kept calling me Tina. He was really pissing me off. I finally told him once again that my name wasn't Tina and he said I could have been using an alias at the time of the transaction. I told him that my grandmother had been born in the house where we were standing and we were near a town of 3K people...did he really think I could get away with using and alias...dumb ass.

He called me Tina again and I wheeled around and informed him that if my husband was with a woman at the time they claimed the sale(s) were made and she wasn't extremely pregnant my husband was in a hell of a lot more trouble than just with the law. Another officer told the guy to back off.

Anyway...that was the night of the multiple, simultaneous drug bust. I came out unscathed...others weren't so fortunate.

The guy who spilled on everyone to get his sentence lessened killed himself about a year later.

Yeah...that's when I started my plans to join the army and get the fuck out of Dodge. About a year later the kids and I were in southern Arizona.

Goddamn...how I made it though the 70s and 80s...yeesh.

If you weren't already my hero...

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-03-2016, 09:43 PM
(08-03-2016 05:42 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 05:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm an alcoholic who has recently entered recovery. I'm sure my friends (and plenty of total strangers) had the first part figured out. The second I don't really quack about in real life, because recovery is about deeds, not words.

There are quite a few people in my family who are recovering and I know it's not easy. Keep it up! You're doing great!

It's goddamned hard, and some days are better than others, but on the whole I'm much happier where i am now compared to, say, this time last year. I'm working on becoming a better person, and I'm learning how to deal with emotions I've anesthetized for far too long.

Thanks for the kind words, Will.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
08-03-2016, 09:56 PM
(08-03-2016 09:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 05:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What's something that nobody here knows about me...

About this time of year, 34 years ago, I had a four year old and an infant. My husband had left Iowa for Oklahoma to stay with a friend in hopes of finding work so that we could start a new life. There wasn't much opportunity where we were and our lifestyle needed to change for the sake of us and the kids.

Around 3:00 one morning there was loud banging on the metal part of the front storm door. We were living in what had been my grandparents' house on what was then the family owned farm. I opened the door and walked out on the steps to find two officers with their service revolvers drawn and pointed at my head. FUCK!

They had a warrant for my husband's arrest. Though I had told him not to sell coke to a guy who had been calling for months, he had. And of course the guy was a narc...just like I said. There were two more officers at the back door to prevent an escape. They searched the house for my husband and didn't find him, of course, he was several states away. But on their search they found a triple beam scale and therefore had probable cause to search everywhere.

They found some cut but couldn't prove that's what it was and they took a container I carried in my purse with prenatal vitamins and iron. They had nothing to charge me with.

One cop kept calling me Tina. He was really pissing me off. I finally told him once again that my name wasn't Tina and he said I could have been using an alias at the time of the transaction. I told him that my grandmother had been born in the house where we were standing and we were near a town of 3K people...did he really think I could get away with using and alias...dumb ass.

He called me Tina again and I wheeled around and informed him that if my husband was with a woman at the time they claimed the sale(s) were made and she wasn't extremely pregnant my husband was in a hell of a lot more trouble than just with the law. Another officer told the guy to back off.

Anyway...that was the night of the multiple, simultaneous drug bust. I came out unscathed...others weren't so fortunate.

The guy who spilled on everyone to get his sentence lessened killed himself about a year later.

Yeah...that's when I started my plans to join the army and get the fuck out of Dodge. About a year later the kids and I were in southern Arizona.

Goddamn...how I made it though the 70s and 80s...yeesh.

If you weren't already my hero...

Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-03-2016, 10:19 PM
I have no one thing to tell, but a few oddities:

I live in the most racially diverse town in my state.

I have only 28 teeth.

I have anisocoria*. According to Wikipedia, anisocoria "can be an entirely harmless condition or a symptom of more serious medical problems such as death." I am still aliveā€¦or am I?

*Anisocoria means pupils of unequal sizes--the word pupil referring to the part of the eye. I also am a teacher and have human pupils of unequal sizes, but that is not unusual or particularly interesting.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
08-03-2016, 10:38 PM
(08-03-2016 09:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 05:42 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  There are quite a few people in my family who are recovering and I know it's not easy. Keep it up! You're doing great!

It's goddamned hard, and some days are better than others, but on the whole I'm much happier where i am now compared to, say, this time last year. I'm working on becoming a better person, and I'm learning how to deal with emotions I've anesthetized for far too long.

Sure thing. And I have found being an atheist and realizing this is it for me, that there is no afterlife, it has helped me become a better person.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
09-03-2016, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 04:32 AM by Szuchow.)
I wasn't sad at all, in fact I was relieved when my alcoholic father died and I despise most of my family. I would say that under pleasant exterior I'm a jerk, but the thing is exterior isn't too pleasant.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-03-2016, 03:08 AM
(08-03-2016 10:38 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 09:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It's goddamned hard, and some days are better than others, but on the whole I'm much happier where i am now compared to, say, this time last year. I'm working on becoming a better person, and I'm learning how to deal with emotions I've anesthetized for far too long.

Sure thing. And I have found being an atheist and realizing this is it for me, that there is no afterlife, it has helped me become a better person.

Indeed, one of the things that fueled me in my recovery is the fact that (given an average lifespan) I'm about two-thirds of the way through my life. Why in the Hell would I want to spend the only life I have in a state where I hurt myself and those I love?

The brutal truth is that being an atheist doesn't mean you're smart ... I'm living proof, having wasted all these years.

Onward and upward, brotha.

[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-03-2016, 03:50 AM
The first time I did LSD - a friend had a stack of four-way window pane.....

To the uneducated -- four way is a thin square wafer of gelatin about 1/2 inch across - that has an raised area around the edge and crosswise in the middle - resembling a window pane.

It can be cut into four pieces for four hits of acid.

I didn't know how much to take - and asked.

"Do four" my stoned buddy said.

I took four. Four ways.

16 hits of acid the first time.....

It really explains so much...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-03-2016, 05:50 AM
Well this thread got real fucking depressive real quick. To the point where you can only read through it once. Might aswell move it to the PI & S section.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post