The only thing worse than a used car salesman.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: The only thing worse than a used car salesman.
(08-07-2017 05:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It seems to me that the driver of the car is responsible for that car's safety.

Not the state.

State inspections are a dodge of personal responsibility.

If YOU don't know if your car is safe as possible, and you drive it, you're putting others at risk - and you should be held accountable.

Not the state, or some state sanctioned inspector.

You.

While I agree with you about people being held personally responsible for their cars safety, unfortunately I'm sure we can all name a few hundred? thousand? people that are irresponsible.

The problem is that they may only be held accountable after someone is already dead or injured, and the state does have some responsibility to protect the lives of its citizens.

A friend in the hole
"I'll be back when I want it...not when I need it." - Hawkeye
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2017, 12:35 PM
(08-07-2017 07:48 AM)unsapien Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 05:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It seems to me that the driver of the car is responsible for that car's safety.

Not the state.

State inspections are a dodge of personal responsibility.

If YOU don't know if your car is safe as possible, and you drive it, you're putting others at risk - and you should be held accountable.

Not the state, or some state sanctioned inspector.

You.

While I agree with you about people being held personally responsible for their cars safety, unfortunately I'm sure we can all name a few hundred? thousand? people that are irresponsible.

The problem is that they may only be held accountable after someone is already dead or injured, and the state does have some responsibility to protect the lives of its citizens.

True, but like many other laws - the inspection routine is only followed by the responsible, law abiding guy , while the deadbeats and criminals find a way around the system...

Once again, government penalizes the people who were not the problem in the first place, and calls it a solution....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Crack in the windshield is considered a no deductible comprehensive insurance claim, so no cost repair in Fl.

Well, if you have comp. insurance that is.

Actually "GFY" is probably the best stand-by response in selling any-fuc'n thing it seems.

I got a replacement orangegrove type heater cover from an Amazon seller after asking only for the missing cable tie clamp at the bottom. (the replacement was also missing the pictured $.25 clamp)

So, I put the 2nd one on this website of neighborhood classified ads listing for $19.00 I also provided the Amazon link to document you would pay $27 for this unopened cover.

First response to ad is :"Will ya take $10.00??"
(ahhh Censored, GFY ??)
Clawing for the high road Angel, I chose to respond:" You know it's hardly worth meeting up with you for the $19.00, but to help a neighbor get a REALLY good deal, I'll drop to $15.00.

Her response was:" My son will meet you with the $19.00."
Thumbsup
Deal was done. I hate sellin' chit for that very reason.

You have to be odd to be #1.
09-07-2017, 05:28 AM
Our newest vehicle is 15 years old. Our oldest 25.

PL/PD coverage is all we carry, as they're simply not worth more expensive insurance...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-07-2017, 06:23 AM
(07-07-2017 02:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Is a used car buyer.

I spent the last couple weeks busting ass and doing a engine swap in a car I picked up a while ago. The body was quite good, except for the front bumper cover, which needed replacing. I happened to have one, just needed paint.

I went through everything, and made sure this is a good car. The only things wrong, one rear window needs help rolling up, and the windshield has a crack. The upside is the engine has 40,000 miles less than the body, and it's got all new brakes and a new subframe. ( which tend to rust out on these models.) Everything else works. The engine has good compression, the steering tracks perfect, and the paint looks better than average. All in all, a nice car. (I don't need it as I have another just like it with only 70,000 miles on it.)

I priced it accordingly at $1800. That's very reasonable for one in this condition.

The first guy to stop said he'd "take it off my hands for $1500, IF I replaced the windshield."

I guess "Go fuck yourself" wasn't what he had in mind...

Just no pleasing some people.

Damn. You wouldn't have any trouble selling it around where I'm at.
09-07-2017, 06:23 AM
[attachment=3803]
(09-07-2017 05:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Our newest vehicle is 15 years old. Our oldest 25.

PL/PD coverage is all we carry, as they're simply not worth more expensive insurance...
Understood completely. I have a GMC Serria with +262,000 w/o comp coverage. I hope the windshield doesn't crack.

FWIW though, the comp. coverage on my 8 yr old Volvo is $49.00. Consider

You have to be odd to be #1.