The origin of the word "God"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2017, 07:37 AM
RE: The origin of the word "God"
(22-02-2017 01:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 01:00 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  It's just a way of saying "Khald" and therefore, when we talk about "GOD" we are referring to a man on top of a lion with wings. And not an elastic concept.

"God" finally debunked.

Not if God is a man on top of a lion with wings it's not.
le,

The Greeks thought that gods were "real" concrete beings who lived at the top of a mountain. When did they ever become "elastic", metaphysical, all-powerful entities?

I don't read any Greek works where their major deity turns from a concrete "being" into the type of "essence" which Christians now see as their "God".

It helps me to trace back the origins of the Christian God to a legendary figure. My guess is that the Chaldeans saw Khaldi as a legendary figure as well as a god and that their rulers saw themselves as the direct descendents of Khaldi. Maybe that doesn't help rid the world of metaphysical, stupid notions of an all-powerful, all-good, invisible cosmic muffin but it helps me. There's no metaphysical world and I don't believe that God was originally a metaphysical character in the sense that people now talk about "it".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply