The other Jebus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2015, 03:56 PM
The other Jebus
I read an older thread of Bucky's that mentioned Karen Armstrong's book History of God so I started reading it. In it I found Jebusites and the fact that Jerusalem was once known as Jebus.

According to the Hebrew Bible, the Jebusites (/ˈdʒɛbjəˌsaɪts/; Hebrew: יְבוּסִי, Modern Yevusi, Tiberian Yəḇûsî ISO 259-3 Ybusi) were a Canaanite tribe who built and inhabited Jerusalem prior to its conquest by King David. The Books of Kings state that Jerusalem was known as Jebus prior to this event.

Coincidence? I think not!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: The other Jebus
(20-07-2015 03:56 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I read an older thread of Bucky's that mentioned Karen Armstrong's book History of God so I started reading it. In it I found Jebusites and the fact that Jerusalem was once known as Jebus.

According to the Hebrew Bible, the Jebusites (/ˈdʒɛbjəˌsaɪts/; Hebrew: יְבוּסִי, Modern Yevusi, Tiberian Yəḇûsî ISO 259-3 Ybusi) were a Canaanite tribe who built and inhabited Jerusalem prior to its conquest by King David. The Books of Kings state that Jerusalem was known as Jebus prior to this event.

Coincidence? I think not!

Here, have another beer.

[Image: Get-Duffed-Duff-Beer-T-Shirt-Simpsons.jpg]

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
20-07-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: The other Jebus
Did you see the Simpsons/Fox is making the official Duff beer to quell knockoffs?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user