The other Mother-in-law...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: The other Mother-in-law...
(30-05-2014 09:39 AM)kim Wrote:  I hope the boy grows a set and tells her to shut the fuck up. Hey, miracles happen... I've heard. Drinking Beverage uh huh.

In my experience, if they're not factory installed they just don't work the way they should. The after-market accessories are all crap.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2014, 01:50 PM
I smell a divorce and the wedding hasn't even taken place. By the time they split, and they will, there will likely be kids involved. I suspect this young man, by being raised in the Catholic church, has been schooled to honor his mother. I work with horses and if I don't get the horse's respect, and not in a mean way, we don't have a good relationship. If this young man doesn't stand up to his mother, there will be no relationship because his wife will come to not respect him.
[+] 3 users Like Takelababy's post
04-06-2014, 06:59 AM
(30-05-2014 09:39 AM)kim Wrote:  So, when is uh ... the first? ritual? Blink And when is the legally binding, actual ritual to take place?

Consider Might I suggest one last concession ...?
If they go through with this catholic ritual, then it's only proper the Mother in law be requested not to attend the actual marriage nor the reception party nor contact the couple (or inlaws) at any time during the following year. It's not cruel; she has her church to keep her company.

Yep... I'm going there: restraining order follows catholic ritual - that's the deal to make.
A well written restraining order can not only save your life, it can save your marriage. Angel I think this should be a standard practice in fact, I'm surprised the catholic church doesn't have it's own legal department distributing them weekly!

I hope the boy grows a set and tells her to shut the fuck up. Hey, miracles happen... I've heard. Drinking Beverage uh huh.

Believe me, I fantasize about that. But the only reason they are even doing the church deal is so she won't boycott the real wedding.

My attitude is immaterial to this. If they want her there just to avoid having to explain why she isn't, my feeling that THAT is falling for her nonsense and constitutes having been played by her just doesn't matter. And I got an email back from the groom.

What he says is he just wants to get married and how that happens doesn't even matter to him anymore but having been raised catholic, doing the church thing doesn't set him off the way it's setting the rest of us off. So if the bride is willing and it solves a problem, he's fine with it. (He didn't bite on us funding an elopement but likely because it would be no sale to the bride and he's not ready for a full rupture from his family.

And folks, I do understand that. His parents are not bad people. The mom has some dangerous ideas, but I don't think it's realistic to hope he'll just never talk to her again.

What the son may not be aware of is that the obsession with the Latin mass and other things got me googling. I didn't realize there was a full scale civil war going on in the Catholic Church and this lady is on the far right flank. At some point the son needs to realize what she's trying to shove down his throat is a much bigger thing than merely getting him married in a church.

Fraternal Society of St Peter. Anyone reading where that group came from and the mentality informing it will see what it is we are dealing with
[+] 1 user Likes Runrunrun's post