The "other" option

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2014, 06:05 PM
The "other" option
Today me and the wife were talking about the premise of freewill and I was thinking of this point. If it really is freewill isn't there more than just the basic two choices(Believe or burn)? For instance in my stance on religion is that I don't believe in a God or the devil but along with that if there is one then I don't want to be associated with him or the devil. In fact I don't want to have an afterlife I think that having the promise means people take things for granted in this life and forget to live this one in the best way possible for the sole reason of respect for everyone else.

So why only the two choices. If there is a God and he is based off of Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, etc. I really want no part in his heaven praising for an eternity nor do I want to go to a hell and burn for eternity. It just seems like after a while existing has no meaning because no matter what you're stuck where you end up post-judgement day.

In my opinion ,all good things must end that's what makes them good because they are so precious. So how about this for an option, I don't want to take part in this battle for my soul between God and the devil if he is real(which I have yet to see CONCLUSIVE and RE-TESTABLE evidence for). I am more than happy having my "soul" cease to exist and be no more. With that being said I will however make sure that this life I am experiencing will not be a waste and I will treat others kind and respectfully simply because it is the way that I would want to be treated. It's a very simple standard called "don't be an asshole".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: The "other" option
That is how most atheist here, I believe, think about the after life - Sans the reflexive look at theism.

A great video:

Find all posts by this user
15-08-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: The "other" option
My mum thinks I'm weird because I say I'd hate to win the lottery... But it's for that exact reason.

If you woke up in heaven, and had everything you'd ever wanted just handed to you, at first it would be fun... But you'd have literally nothing to look forward to.

I find the only thing that gives my life meaning, is the fact there is so much I haven't experienced or learned yet... I'm here for the trip, not the destination.

Please, no spoilers.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user