The past can be influenced by the future

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2017, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 02:52 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
The past can be influenced by the future
You can get better exam results if you study right after the exam.
Try it.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/science/ex...cle/434829
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Agnostic Shane's post
10-03-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: The past can be influenced by the future
(10-03-2017 02:40 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You can get better exam results if you study right after the exam.
Try it.

Let me know how many college degrees you've flunked out of.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
10-03-2017, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 04:06 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(10-03-2017 03:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 02:40 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You can get better exam results if you study right after the exam.
Try it.

Let me know how many college degrees you've flunked out of.
Can we keep on topic?
Any upward movement of grades regardless of it being flunked or not will still prove my point.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/science/ex...cle/434829

Your reply has no bearing on this post.
Any reply I give regarding my academic prowess or lack thereof has no bearing on the topic either.
Not to mention it would be very egotistical for me to post the 4 doctorates & nobel prizes I have received.
10-03-2017, 04:13 PM
I was the guy who yelled "Beware the ides of March!"

Didn't change a thing. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
10-03-2017, 04:17 PM
(10-03-2017 04:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I was the guy who yelled "Beware the ides of March!"

Didn't change a thing. Sad
Some would say it created a false sense of security.
Maybe he would have lived if you didn't say it.
10-03-2017, 04:48 PM
(10-03-2017 04:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 03:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Let me know how many college degrees you've flunked out of.

Can we keep on topic?

It's called a joke, Shane.

And, like it or not, it was on topic. You claimed that studying for a test the day after you took it could potentially improve your performance in the past. I pointed out, via a joke, that if you tried this, you would flunk.

Because it doesn't work that way.

(10-03-2017 04:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Not to mention it would be very egotistical for me to post the 4 doctorates & nobel prizes I have received.

You're either delusional or an utterly failed comedian. Or both.

Regardless, even if this pop-sci article is entirely correct, quantum effects do not persist at the macro level.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
10-03-2017, 05:01 PM
(10-03-2017 04:48 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 04:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Can we keep on topic?

It's called a joke, Shane.

And, like it or not, it was on topic. You claimed that studying for a test the day after you took it could potentially improve your performance in the past. I pointed out, via a joke, that if you tried this, you would flunk.

(10-03-2017 04:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Not to mention it would be very egotistical for me to post the 4 doctorates & nobel prizes I have received.

Regardless, even if this pop-sci article is entirely correct, quantum effects do not persist at the macro level.
Why did you assume no studying would be done before the exam?
The technique simply says if you study after the exam it will help.

This isn't the macro level, it's the conscious level & there at studies that prove it.
I'll post one shortly.
10-03-2017, 05:20 PM
(10-03-2017 05:01 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 04:48 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It's called a joke, Shane.

Why did you assume no studying would be done before the exam?
The technique simply says if you study after the exam it will help.

This isn't the macro level, it's the conscious level & there at studies that prove it.
I'll post one shortly.
Weird. I can't edit & my profile says I've been naughty.
Anyways:
http://theghostdiaries.com/retroactive-p...cognition/
10-03-2017, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 05:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
Wheeler's delayed choice experiment. "No phenomenon is a phenomenon until it is an observed phenomenon." There is no spoon. Present is past. This particular bit of mindfuck has actually been empirically demonstrated by a couple of Aussies on a toad-licking walkabout in the outback. My response to shit like this is always the fuck you say? Blink Blink Hobo

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-03-2017, 09:17 PM
(10-03-2017 05:01 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The technique simply says if you study after the exam it will help.

And it's wrong.

(10-03-2017 05:01 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  This isn't the macro level

Yes, it is.

(10-03-2017 05:01 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  it's the conscious level

Which is macroscopic from the perspective of quantum mechanics.

(10-03-2017 05:01 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  there at studies that prove it.

No, there aren't.

(10-03-2017 05:20 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  http://theghostdiaries.com/retroactive-p...cognition/

Bem is a known nutcase who still considers the demonstrably invalid Ganzfeld experiments to be evidence of psychic powers. His methodology and results for the "Feeling the Future" experiments have been ripped apart from every angle.

They are worthless, and are not evidence of psychic foreknowledge.

[+] 6 users Like Unbeliever's post