11-10-2016, 07:17 AM
RE: The perfect candidate?
Archytas.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2016, 07:44 AM
(11-10-2016 07:17 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Archytas.

Hell yes! "The steam-powered flying pigeon", invented 300+ years BCE. Thumbsup If he hadn't been born so long ago, he'd fit the bill.
11-10-2016, 08:49 AM
Absolutely no such thing as the perfect candidate. If this society is so dense as to think there is a person out there who has NEVER looked at a member of the opposite sex (as if that's a prerequisite for holding a political office anyway...), never gotten drunk and done something stupid (look in the mirror... ) then, the trouble resides in us. There are over 322M people in this country, and if these two are the best we can come up with... then we ALL need to look in the mirror and do something to become a touch more active in educating the rest of the constituency as to the merits or flaws of the people that we have to choose from. The merit list, I fear, this cycle, will be very, very short. As far as the perfect candidate, that person doesn't exist. There is, however, a person or persons available, that will fight and work for the people, as they are supposed to. We just need to find those people.

"I never let my schooling interfere with my education."
Samuel Clemens

"The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it."
Robert G. Ingersoll
[+] 1 user Likes ReistLaxCoach's post
11-10-2016, 09:34 AM
1. Charismatic: Someone that can schmooze a room. Not feel like it robotic or simply going threw the motions.
2. Understands Foreign Policy: We live in a much larger world then ever before (metaphorically speaking) We are connected threw the internet, trade, and culters. The US in 2016 increased it's trade and services to $40.7 billion. Most threw Imports. Using food as an example we have access to larger veriaty then any gerartions in the past. If you tell one of those foreign countrys to go fuck themselves a ripple affect occuares and other my be less likely
3. Good with numbers: An demonstration of intelligence, when numbers are presented he could tell you.
4. Understands science: Global warming, advance technology, genetic research and the like should be in the foregrounds. Preventing advancement in any of the scientific fields keeps us in the Victorian age. When other country's surpass us. (compotian can be healthy)
5. Logic over beliefs: Nothing scares me more then a person that starts spouting out bible verses. If a persons believes that snakes can talk, Giants and that men should hold dominance over woman. It demonstrates to me, that this person is not capable of working out problems. They ether are A. Very Gullible B. Psychotic or C. Lying.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
11-10-2016, 11:27 AM
The perfect candidate?
My perfect candidate ran last time, Rocky Anderson... well close to it. I'd prefer a cyborg candidate as more perfect.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson