The perfect life – share your version!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2011, 08:06 AM

The perfect life – share your version!
I have written about death and dying before and now I want to write about living.

Different people have different ideas about the ‘Perfect Life’.

Some want to be rich, some want to be famous, some want to create art or science, some want power, some just want to have a normal family life.

For me the perfect life is like an ice sculpture. I am sure you have seen them: magnificent carvings in sparkling beauty and delicacy – and you wondered how the artist could waste his talent on something as ephemeral as ice : destined to melt away and disappear?

But that is exactly the point: you create it for itself, for the experience, for the beauty it captures, for the enjoyment of it, while it lasted.

Perfect balance, proportions, all parts there, exactly as they should be, nothing missing.

For me life is like that – I will post a poem on the “Poet’s Corner” thread (Post #39) that I wrote for my 60th birthday (a while ago), as an illustration.

What is your version of a perfect life?
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2011, 10:42 AM
RE: The perfect life – share your version!
My answer is pretty short....but straight to the point.

To fit into nature instead of being so seperate.

(we are the only creatures to produce trash/garbage)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
18-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Mine is more specific.

Start with being set up financially, not rich, but not poor. Just enough to get by without having to count my pennies. Then to live in a house I own on property I own, a house just big enough for my small family, preferably a one floor with a garage and a shed out back. Hopefully have just one extra room for "the office" that I could soundproof for loud guitar playing. The yard would be so we could have a puppy. Near a great set of schools that are anti creationism and pro not showing up to teach drunk. Maybe near a cool park to take my daughter, and a nature trail or genuine no foolin nature would be super pleasant. No junkies or cruel homeless people.
To have a happy marriage even when we aren't always happy with each other, and for my daughter to grow up and remember how much fun being in our house was, what with all the Halloween decorating and Presentree decorating... Ahhh the good life.
It would also be nice to have enough time to write more frequently. And that's about it, you know other than the obvious choices like immunity from illness and more time to live, oh and super powers. But I could live with just the basics and be perfectly content and almost blissful.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Zatamon, I love your "ice sculpture". That's true poetry, wonderful idea Wink
For me, perfect life is when I can always remember myself that life is such a great thing. It's so wonderful, and it's so exact. It's the biggest fortune you will ever face. And not just that we live, we live in the few parts of the world where we have very low hunger, very high health standards, education a.s.o.
That's perfect for me. I have low expectations, why having high ones? I'm happy if I just remember. I hope I can keep this feeling and these thoughts for the rest of my life.
Find all posts by this user
18-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Ignorance is bliss...the intelligent will never live a perfect life.
18-09-2011, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 05:40 PM by Peterkin.)
Jars of wildflowers in a house with big windows, lots of bookshelves, a fireplace with a couple of happy sprawled-out pets in front of it and a familiar in the other easy chair. Just enough work to avoid hunger and boredom; just enough friends to avoid talking to myself; just enough creative energy to splash a little paint around - on walls, furniture or canvas. No bullets, no illness, no hurricanes.
In fact, close as damn-all to what i have.
It wasn't always so, but i didn't design this - like Topsy, it just growed.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
18-09-2011, 09:03 PM
A perfect life? A life where I can dabble in science without fear and without restrictions. I love experimenting on things, to peer into the mechanisms of life, the universe, and everything! Maybe if I earn a lot from my research, I can create more and more scientific innovations without people laughing at me saying that's not feasible. A life where I can explore my inner creativity without fear. That is the perfect life.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
19-09-2011, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 04:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
I got no clue, still trying to work it out. ... Starting to think there is no such thing. ... But I do feel prettly strongly that I'm supposed to try my best not to be an asshole, have no idea really why though. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
19-09-2011, 04:43 PM

I left something out of my OP and made up for it by starting a new thread: The Perfect Love.

I hope you will visit it and share!

Smile
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2011, 05:08 PM
(19-09-2011 04:43 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I left something out of my OP and made up for it by starting a new thread: The Perfect Love. I hope you will visit it and share! Smile

Heading over there now, this GirlyMan loves talkin' 'bout love.

(18-09-2011 08:06 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  But that is exactly the point: you create it for itself, for the experience, for the beauty it captures, for the enjoyment of it, while it lasted.

... or at least for as long as it still has some taste left in it yet. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.