The perfect life – share your version!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2011, 03:39 PM

RE: The perfect life – share your version!
(19-09-2011 05:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-09-2011 04:43 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I left something out of my OP and made up for it by starting a new thread: The Perfect Love. I hope you will visit it and share! Smile

Heading over there now, this GirlyMan loves talkin' 'bout love.

We are holding our collective breath, GirlyMan -- where art thou?

Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Hello Zatamon/
I share your basic contentions, other than a "perfect life" being possible.

Simplicity, nature, creativity, freedom from corporate/ consumer crap, I see all as worthy goals;I suppose its easier when, like me, you are pushing a very young70.

As for "perfection", I can cope with good[/[i]i]better --but not best

I see the notion of "perfection', perhaps as locking out further insights and creativity.

I think Empedocles had a rather similar idea---unlike him throwing myself into a volcano is not part of my game plan....Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2011, 05:40 AM

(21-09-2011 01:59 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hello Zatamon/
I share your basic contentions, other than a "perfect life" being possible.

I agree with you, Mr Woof, of course (I almost said: perfectly Tongue).

Quote:I see the notion of "perfection', perhaps as locking out further insights and creativity.

...and you are right about that too.

I meant 'perfect' when you feel contentment, serenity, almost even gratitude (to fate, NOT gods) for what you have.

Of course there are all kinds of things I would not refuse if someone offered it to me (no aching joints high on the list) but that would be greed, considering how happy I am with what I have now.

As far as insight and creativity are concerned, I welcome them when they come and enjoy the same from others -- with the words of Jack Nicholson (in the positive sense): "it is as good as it gets".

Quoting Peterkin from the "Perfect Love" thread: "Perfect enough". Smile
Quote this message in a reply