The perfect melee weapon against a zombie.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2012, 03:08 PM
The perfect melee weapon against a zombie.
I know this has been a big debate.

Ultimately, I believe, it was decided that an aluminum t-ball bat would be the most effective weapon against zombies.

Blades can get dull, break, or get stuck; chainsaws and other mechanical weapons require fuel, has moving parts that can get clogged, and are bulky; other blunt weapons are too heavy (sledgehammer) or will break (wooden bat).

The aluminum t-ball bat was chosen because of it's effectiveness, speed, weight, and efficiency.

BUT

Here's what I propose...

Welding a single 1-2 inch horizontal spike on the end of the bat. The speed and weight will be negligible, the bashing ability will remain in tact (you have 3 "bashing" sides), and you gain the ability to kill the brain in a single hit (as it might take several bashes to kill the brain with the blunt end).

Good invention?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
18-10-2012, 03:14 PM
RE: The perfect melee weapon against a zombie.
Getting into a zombie mood eh KC? Consider

I was thinking more of a lightsaber.
[+] 3 users Like Magoo's post
18-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Well, I have thought about this in great length for a long time, and having 63 zombie films in my DVD collection I have seen good things and bad things. Smile

I have a solid pole from my microphone stand that I think would work quite well, but not for use in small spaces.

[Image: opforum1.png]
18-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I too favor the aluminum bat. I've got one myself, actually. It's light, but packs a punch.

One might also consider the "Brooklyn Crusher", it's a bat made of virtually indestructible rubber (it's actually a type of polymer, but I can't recall its name).

A machete, too, has obvious decapitation benefits. There is a risk of being exposed to spatter from contaminated blood, though.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2012, 03:22 PM
You will want to some kind of blade or spike for use in small spaces... you can't really swing a bat in a narrow corridor, but you can drive a knife through a zombies eye. Tongue

If you have a long melee weapon though, you might want it to be something with a stabbing point on the end.

[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
18-10-2012, 03:24 PM
(18-10-2012 03:22 PM)frankiej Wrote:  You will want to some kind of blade or spike for use in small spaces... you can't really swing a bat in a narrow corridor, but you can drive a knife through a zombies eye. Tongue

If you have a long melee weapon though, you might want it to be something with a stabbing point on the end.

The good thing about the Crusher is that it's specifically designed for self defense, so it's a bit shorter than the average bat.

Ultimately, though, there's no perfect weapon for every occasion. Sometimes you've gotta adapt and overcome.

18-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Cricket bat. More surface area for maximum trauma, is handheld, and small enough to stow in a backpack.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
18-10-2012, 03:26 PM
I prefer to wield reality - I don't need a weapon against zombies because there are no zombies.

OK. I had to say it.

Me, I love zombies. Games, movies, books, whatever - if it has zombies in it, I love it.

No, I would not add a spike to the bat. I say this from many years of martial arts training and teaching. Included in those years I learned and trained with many weapons, including winning two trophies in local competitions using my favorite weapon, a pair of sai (which would not be my weapon of choice against zombies).

Spiking the bat changes the weight and balance. Worse, if there is only one spike, then you will spend some of your time thinking about "is my spike forward, sideways, etc." rather than just whacking away like your life depends on it. Having to pause, even for fractions of a second, to evaluate and realign the position of your spike could be the difference in timing between life and undeath.

Spikes could also snag in clothing, foliage, or other zombies (don't want zombie number two to get a nibble while you're wrenching your spikey bat out of zombie number one).

If you gotta add the spikes, then add 4 of them, N, S, E, and W (if viewing the band end-on). This preserves the balance and you can be quite certain that one of them is pointing toward the zombie brain you are bashing.

But no spike is necessary. A nice aluminum bat has enough heft that even a moderately strong person (average guy/gal, not an athlete but not a 90 # weakling) can easily pop the brain pan and scramble the gray matter with a single blow. If you're not athletic enough to meet those minimum requirements, then the spike won't save you from a zombie apocalypse anyway.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
18-10-2012, 03:28 PM
(18-10-2012 03:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Cricket bat. More surface area for maximum trauma, is handheld, and small enough to stow in a backpack.

The only drawback is that you get red on you. Wink

[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
18-10-2012, 03:29 PM
You guys might like Zombie Go Boom.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieGoBoom...eos?view=0

They just test weapons and stuff for use against zombies. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post