The picture of Christopher Stevens being dragged is disturbing...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 09:23 PM
RE: The picture of Christopher Stevens being dragged is disturbing...
wow I had no idea there were strikes on US embassies?
I need to stop stop watching the news.

That sucks balls to put it blunt.

The article is a bit weird though. It gives the impression the attacks were coordinated but the only evidence they have of that is some people saying "yeah it looked coordinated".
Not saying it wasn't, just...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 11:48 PM by cufflink.)
Welcome to the wonderful world of Construct Your Own Reality. Until things are absolutely clear, take ambiguous data and spin it in whatever way advances your agenda.

You want to promote the idea that Muslims are bloodthirsty savages? Stevens's body was dragged through the streets.

You want to show that some Muslims are compassionate? Stevens's body was carried through the streets--to a hospital.

I googled "Christopher Stevens" along with various plus-and-minus combinations of "dragged" and "carried." Results:

dragged, -carried: 13,300 hits
-dragged, carried: 110,000 hits
dragged, carried: 22,400 hits

Not exactly scientific, but the Internet consensus at this point seems to favor "carried." So that's currently the predominant reality.

I had never even heard of Stevens before this. Now that I've read his bio and heard him talked about, it almost feels as if I've lost a friend. (Maybe I relate to him because I was a Peace Corps volunteer too.) How ironic that a man who helped liberate Libya from tyranny and savagery fell victim to savagery himself in that same country.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
12-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Am I the only one who finds this to be a good thing? In my experience ambassadors are usually high enough up the food chain to be immune to death by anything other than natural causes or accidents. Maybe now that it seems that some of the people of higher standing are no longer immune to death, we might actually start viewing islam for what it truly is. Or it might require some more deaths of important people, however I think we are on the right track though. We can lose millions of soldiers, however it only takes a handful of "important people" for us to stop the stupidity. By stupidity I mean the rules of engagement and the whole idea of anything said against islam being hate speach. Correct me if you think I am wrong.
13-09-2012, 04:48 AM
(12-09-2012 11:40 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Am I the only one who finds this to be a good thing? In my experience ambassadors are usually high enough up the food chain to be immune to death by anything other than natural causes or accidents. Maybe now that it seems that some of the people of higher standing are no longer immune to death, we might actually start viewing islam for what it truly is. Or it might require some more deaths of important people, however I think we are on the right track though. We can lose millions of soldiers, however it only takes a handful of "important people" for us to stop the stupidity. By stupidity I mean the rules of engagement and the whole idea of anything said against islam being hate speach. Correct me if you think I am wrong.

I see where you're coming from but I'd hardly call this a "good thing".

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
13-09-2012, 05:16 AM
(13-09-2012 04:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 11:40 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Am I the only one who finds this to be a good thing? In my experience ambassadors are usually high enough up the food chain to be immune to death by anything other than natural causes or accidents. Maybe now that it seems that some of the people of higher standing are no longer immune to death, we might actually start viewing islam for what it truly is. Or it might require some more deaths of important people, however I think we are on the right track though. We can lose millions of soldiers, however it only takes a handful of "important people" for us to stop the stupidity. By stupidity I mean the rules of engagement and the whole idea of anything said against islam being hate speach. Correct me if you think I am wrong.

I see where you're coming from but I'd hardly call this a "good thing".

Ok then, something bad that might just have a good consequence? Or maybe business as usual. Take more freedoms from citizens of the U.S. in an effort to please our new muslim overlords. I guess only time will tell.
13-09-2012, 09:11 AM
(13-09-2012 05:16 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 04:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I see where you're coming from but I'd hardly call this a "good thing".

Ok then, something bad that might just have a good consequence?

Tell that to the dead's families and loved ones.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
14-09-2012, 07:56 PM
(12-09-2012 08:55 PM)KVron Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 06:42 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Sensationalism is so disgusting. They use that headline for ratings/purchases of their news media.

I think they're using this picture to justify a military intervention and since people are shocked, few will oppose to a military action.

<edit>
people is - people are
</edit>

That I hadn't thought of, KVron, but now I am.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-09-2012, 02:54 PM
I could understand "dragged" as opposed to "carried" if it was just the one guy trying to get him there and having to literally drag him to the hospital while others in the group kept him protected so he could get the poor Ambassador to the hospital because of the chaos surrounding the place at the time. Said chaos may have been the reason why they couldn't get an ambulance to him instead, though.

I have to agree with KVron, too, they can easily use this to justify military action. The shock value is enough just seeing the picture, but if one makes it look as though the man is dragging the guy through the streets in a malicious attempt to show that they're all blood thirsty savages then yeah, nobody will oppose it, but the story definitely changes when the picture is accompanied by an explanation that the man was trying to get him to the hospital to save his life.

I doodle.
A lot.
My cheap commissions.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
[+] 1 user Likes Chaos' Requiem's post