Poll: What are your views on the Pledge? (US)
Pro Pledge
Anti Pledge
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The pledge of allegience (US)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 08:23 PM
The pledge of allegience (US)
Lets begin by addressing the fact that I have no issue with faith in itself. The fact is I simply have an issue with forcing faith upon unwilling individuals. The pledge of allegience is currently a requirement in some schools. So my question to you is do you believe children should be forced to audibly pronounce "one nation, under god. Individual with liberty and justice for all?" When 1. "God" is the ideal christian version. I say this due to the fact that christianity is the domination in the US. Also, 2. The last part is an utter lie. Liberty and Justice for all? What about gays and athiests? We're denied rights as athiest's in certain work enviorments. What about a baby in which is not yet born? A fetus if you will. Do they have justice? NO. So, with that argument put forth, what are your views on the forcing of stating the Pledge of "Allegience".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes beautiflyopenminded's post
29-08-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: The pledge of allegience (US)
I don't want to do it because I don't want to pledge my allegiance to america, but if I don't you get a detention.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-08-2014, 08:28 PM
(29-08-2014 08:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't want to do it because I don't want to pledge my allegiance to america, but if I don't you get a detention.

That really sucks, that I get a detention for something you don't do.

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
29-08-2014, 08:35 PM
(29-08-2014 08:28 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't want to do it because I don't want to pledge my allegiance to america, but if I don't you get a detention.

That really sucks, that I get a detention for something you don't do.

Big Grin

It is the respect the soldiers, the ones I don't really care much about.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Back in the late 70's in High School I refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance just because someone had to do it.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-08-2014, 10:07 PM
I'll just post my default "US pledge of obedien- ehh I mean allegiance" picture.

[Image: hitler-youth.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
29-08-2014, 10:08 PM
On the one hand, it's a baffling foreign ritual I wouldn't presume to understand.

On the other, it's what finally broke Egor's mind, so there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
29-08-2014, 10:14 PM
If I were an American I would insist on taking the original one.

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
30-08-2014, 05:27 AM
(29-08-2014 10:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'll just post my default "US pledge of obedien- ehh I mean allegiance" picture.

[Image: hitler-youth.jpg]

The original gesture for the pledge was a outward palm down salute... of course the Christian 'mericans changed it to over the heart and with God after all that Commy/Nazi nonsense.

There's no "forcing" of the pledge to be said. You can't punish a kid for sitting there and not saying the pledge, it would be completely out of line for a educator to do so. It is stated throughout most schools though in a bizarre manner.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
30-08-2014, 07:48 AM
What do they mean "pledge allegiance" anyway? To me that smacks very much of "I promise not to criticize the fuckers who run this show".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post