The political benefits of instilling the Judeo-Christian god on your citizens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 12:13 AM
RE: The political benefits of instilling the Judeo-Christian god on your citizens
I have been watching the videos of wizened comic commentator Pat Condell. With the economies of the world melting, governments showing up with squat, and the environmental energy crisis accelerating exponential, it isn't difficult to be concerned, and a little appalled with the status quo of the world of the last forty years.

Presumably the character of the 21stC will begin soon, for ill or good, under the momentum of some kind of major international policy decision from the US before 2014. Or, so a few academics claim. Predicting the weather with a groundhog's shadow possibly; but also a documented actant in the turns of the last several centuries.

Reading on a few of the political prizes that the 20thC produced, such as; Totalitarianism, Nazism, Fascism, it occurred to me that they correspond, in whole; or part, to a similar anticipation of social characterizations through the cultural characters of; Judaism, Islam, Christianity.

This is something of a personal, if obliquely intuitive association; but I notice that a few scholars look closely at the political predicaments of the 20thC, as a phenomenon of outcomes that have a similar monstrousness to the religions I mention. Is it possible that these two sets of three represent similar ideological intentions, each with two different masks of the same backward desire?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 09:40 AM
RE: The political benefits of instilling the Judeo-Christian god on your citizens
(05-12-2011 12:13 AM)antuerius Wrote:  Presumably the character of the 21stC will begin soon, for ill or good, under the momentum of some kind of major international policy decision from the US before 2014.

Academics... Tongue Economics is my crystal ball. They're planning to stage another meltdown in 2013. Bear-Stearns was the sacrifice, Lehman the hypothesis... and yeah, these assholes are theorizing. Wanna hear a joke I heard month?
BofA is holding 75 trillion in toxic derivatives?!?!
Well, they're not all toxic...
That was funny last month, but last I heard BofA is still a bank and not a Bear; which means if you're an American like me, we just ate it. Did it taste good?

Tastes like a Barrett 50 cal to me, but my Gwynnies don't smile with that kinda thinking. It doesn't make the atheist in me smile thinking I might hafta do some "divine intervention" on her behalf; but she might get a kick out of it, and seeing how "Gwyneth Paltrow is god" is more like theory after 11 years of love and madness and doing impossible shit... yay Gwynnnies!

Cause I just don't like the negative attitude; but if you're gonna wait until 2014 to take the pulse of the 21century, you may not find a pulse.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply