The political irony of Trump’s administration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2017, 09:17 PM
The political irony of Trump’s administration
As Trumplethinskin continues to bulldoze his way across America we are begining to see how the very base that elected him is getting kicked in the balls.

Take this example:

Trump seeks to ax Appalachia economic programs, causing worry in coal country
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tr...SKBN16N2VF
Remember how he was going to bring back jobs to coal country?

"The 2018 budget proposal submitted to Congress by the White House on Thursday would cut funds to the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) and the U.S. Economic Development Administration. The Washington-based organizations are charged with diversifying the economies of states like West Virginia and Kentucky to help them recover from coal’s decline.”

“Four hundred of the 420 counties ARC operates in voted for Trump in November’s election."

How does the saying go? Fuck ‘em if they can’t take a joke?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Full Circle's post
17-03-2017, 08:07 AM
RE: The political irony of Trump’s administration
Know what the big difference between Trumph and Hillary?

Trump is a lousy, unbelievable liar.

Hillary can spout lies all day, and still seem believable.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-03-2017, 08:08 AM
(17-03-2017 08:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Know what the big difference between Trumph and Hillary?

Actually the big difference is that one is POTUS...just sayin’.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
17-03-2017, 08:38 AM
(17-03-2017 08:08 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 08:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Know what the big difference between Trumph and Hillary?

Actually the big difference is that one is POTUS...just sayin’.

True enough... But sometimes I think we made the least worst choice. (Certainly not best)

Bear with me here.

It's akin to the Boy Scouts banning gay scout leaders.

The BSA says that openly gay men are a threat to the boys.....

Nonsense, of course.

But -assume the BSA was right - and all gay men WERE into boys --

At least with the openly gay men - you'd know to watch like a hawk -- making them less of a threat than closeted gay men - who you wouldn't be watching.

Thus - Trump's a lying fuck - so we're watching his ass...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-03-2017, 08:44 AM
(16-03-2017 09:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  As Trumplethinskin continues to bulldoze his way across America we are begining to see how the very base that elected him is getting kicked in the balls.

Take this example:

Trump seeks to ax Appalachia economic programs, causing worry in coal country
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tr...SKBN16N2VF
Remember how he was going to bring back jobs to coal country?

"The 2018 budget proposal submitted to Congress by the White House on Thursday would cut funds to the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) and the U.S. Economic Development Administration. The Washington-based organizations are charged with diversifying the economies of states like West Virginia and Kentucky to help them recover from coal’s decline.”

“Four hundred of the 420 counties ARC operates in voted for Trump in November’s election."

How does the saying go? Fuck ‘em if they can’t take a joke?

They'll take the shafting with gusto as long he keeps Hussein Obama in their sights.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
17-03-2017, 08:44 AM
I’m not sure how this applies to the OP. Consider

The point of the OP is to bring to light how the administration is hurting the very people he promised to help.

[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
17-03-2017, 08:46 AM
(17-03-2017 08:44 AM)tomilay Wrote:  They'll take the shafting with gusto as long he keeps Hussein Obama in their sights.

I have first hand experience with what you’re saying. I posted on my FB Obama’s speech at Rutgers University where he says “ignorance is not a virtue”. The backlash was aimed squarely at the messenger and not at the message. Fuck ‘em.

[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
17-03-2017, 09:33 AM

Given a choice between someone intelligent and someone stupid, who do you pick to run your country?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
17-03-2017, 09:39 AM
(17-03-2017 09:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Given a choice between someone intelligent and someone stupid, who do you pick to run your country?

You're making the assumption that Clarabelle is stupid, because you didn't vote for him.

He's many things - probably many of which aren't good - by I doubt "stupid" is among them.

17-03-2017, 09:42 AM
(17-03-2017 09:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 09:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  Given a choice between someone intelligent and someone stupid, who do you pick to run your country?

You're making the assumption that Clarabelle is stupid, because you didn't vote for him.

He's many things - probably many of which aren't good - by I doubt "stupid" is among them.

I would disagree.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post