Hey, DLJ.

I think that's sad Sad

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: The pope quit.
(11-02-2013 08:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  A human being devoid of love and empathy and capable of inhuman deeds.

Hitler Youth
"Condoms cause AIDS"
Pedophile crimes!

My heart fucking bleeds. Hell would be too good for the bastard.

Angry
He can't really be blamed for the first one, because being part of the Hitler Youth was mandatory for young people living in Germany at the time.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-02-2013, 09:06 AM
(11-02-2013 08:54 AM)Ghost Wrote:  I think that's sad
And I think this is sad.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
11-02-2013, 09:07 AM
(11-02-2013 08:13 AM)Ghost Wrote:  A little cynical, don't you think? An 85 year old man too ill to even travel safely anymore steps down and it's all fireworks and back flips? I don't have any particular love for the position, but he's still a human being.

Matt

Sure he is a human, but just because he is a human that doesn't mean he deserves respect. Respect is earned. A man like Joseph doesn't deserve my respect, he doesn't deserve my pity either. He is a man who should have quit a long time ago when the children under his organizations care were being molested.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
11-02-2013, 09:15 AM
(11-02-2013 08:54 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, DLJ.

I think that's sad Sad

Matt

Then you won't want to see this...

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
11-02-2013, 09:37 AM
(11-02-2013 09:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  He can't really be blamed for the first one, because being part of the Hitler Youth was mandatory for young people living in Germany at the time.
I agree. Calling the pope a Hitler Youth is like calling GW Bush a war hero.
11-02-2013, 09:46 AM
(11-02-2013 09:37 AM)thirdangletheory Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 09:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  He can't really be blamed for the first one, because being part of the Hitler Youth was mandatory for young people living in Germany at the time.
I agree. Calling the pope a Hitler Youth is like calling GW Bush a war hero.
Well, you can call Bush a hero for Benedict, after all you know.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
11-02-2013, 10:47 AM
For the record, not everybody was in HJ... I lived in Germany for many years and you get to know a few interesting details from the inside.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Normally I wouldn't give someone in their 80s grief for retiring.

In his case? It's not that he wants to retire. It's that the job is tougher than he thought it'd be, because people are actually calling the catholic church to account for its errors, sins, and failings, rather than being blindly obedient. But hey, if he figures he can't do the job, best he step aside for someone who can.

Now I know that the black, atheist, lesbian pope isn't going to happen. But can we get someone who, say, isn't white, focuses on non-discriminatory charity and social projects, gets behind salvaging Vatican II, adopts a policy of excommunicating pedophile priests and giving them over to law enforcement, and gives less of a damn about whether this or that government recognizes gay marriage and more of a damn about reminding Catholics that murdering gays is a sin?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
11-02-2013, 11:18 AM
(11-02-2013 11:06 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Normally I wouldn't give someone in their 80s grief for retiring.

In his case? It's not that he wants to retire. It's that the job is tougher than he thought it'd be, because people are actually calling the catholic church to account for its errors, sins, and failings, rather than being blindly obedient. But hey, if he figures he can't do the job, best he step aside for someone who can.

Now I know that the black, atheist, lesbian pope isn't going to happen. But can we get someone who, say, isn't white, focuses on non-discriminatory charity and social projects, gets behind salvaging Vatican II, adopts a policy of excommunicating pedophile priests and giving them over to law enforcement, and gives less of a damn about whether this or that government recognizes gay marriage and more of a damn about reminding Catholics that murdering gays is a sin?

Sorry, but Asking for a non-white pope is really a nonissue as long as it is a pope who does what you mentioned regardless of skin color.

Having a black pope who is against all of those things is just a bad as a white pope who is the same. As far as I can tell blacks and other races CAN become pope.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.