The pope quit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: The pope quit.
As someone raised Catholic and who attended Catholic schools for many years, I must saw I am disappointed that I didn't get the memo that a pope CAN quit. Sure surprised me.
And to Ghost...
Your butterflies and rainbows and glitter no longer hide the fact that you are a pretentious ass posing as a good Christian. Your condescending comments are certainly not in keeping with your lame "peace, love, and empathy" bullshit.
At first, I thought you were a pretty stand up guy...now it seems you present more and more like Ego® whenenver you post. The respect I once held for you (mostly based on the recommendations of another forum member) has eroded to contempt.
Your credibility declines with your sacharine comments.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
11-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Paddypower are offering interesting odds on the next Pope.

600/1 Richard Dawkins
1000/1 Bono
1000/1 Father Dougal Macguire

I'm rooting for Dougal.
[+] 2 users Like hedgehog648's post
11-02-2013, 06:01 PM
(11-02-2013 08:13 AM)Ghost Wrote:  A little cynical, don't you think? An 85 year old man too ill to even travel safely anymore steps down and it's all fireworks and back flips? I don't have any particular love for the position, but he's still a human being.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
While reading through this, I was struck by the lack of fireworks and back flips. Did you simply expect that there would be and said to yourself, "I'm going to write this anyway, because atheists should be lighting fireworks and doing back flips and I'll be damned if they aren't actually doing it afk".

Yes, he's still a human being, and I think there was plenty of consideration for this. No one said anything insulting about the man, and thanks to the child molesters that he personally protected there is plenty of cruel (but true) things that can be said about him. And yet, there wasn't anything cruel.

You just enjoy being a contrarian, don't you? I'll admit that I would rather argue that agree given only those two choices, so you could say the same about me. But I wouldn't just walk into a room and accuse strangers of setting fire to my house just to start a debate about how awful arson is.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Starcrash's post
11-02-2013, 06:40 PM
(11-02-2013 03:10 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 02:28 PM)KVron Wrote:  Behold: the Malachy Prophecy is being fulfilled Ohmy
Like a sheep I moved to this duplicate thread...........Skinner was soooo right.

Ah well, learned a lot from one person here, and that about all you can learn any where..........
Yes I know.... Big Grin

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Dawkins is 666/1 on the odds Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
11-02-2013, 06:55 PM
(11-02-2013 11:24 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 11:18 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  As far as I can tell blacks and other races CAN become pope.
Not trying to nitpick, but there are only three races (and even that's being questioned). So if you take out whites and blacks, it only leaves one more race.

What a load of racist garbage.
''blacks and whites"
Censored
11-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Shoo!

[Image: 060426_hyenas_big.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
12-02-2013, 02:28 AM
(11-02-2013 12:19 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 12:18 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  I can think of at least 5 o.0
And those would be?
White, Black, Hispanic/Latino (not sure if these are the same or not), East Asian (Mongoloid?) and Middle Eastern for which I have no clue what the official name is.

That's just off the top of my head.
12-02-2013, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 02:59 AM by Vera.)
(12-02-2013 02:28 AM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  White, Black, Hispanic/Latino (not sure if these are the same or not), East Asian (Mongoloid?) and Middle Eastern for which I have no clue what the official name is.

There is a huge difference between race and ethnicity (esp. ethnicity as defined by some idiotic, half-assed American classification).

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/science/...the-world/

Not to mention that Hispanic/Latino is possibly the most idiotic American invention. Who exactly is Hispanic? Who is Latino? And why? Are Peruvians Hispanic? Latino? How about Brazilians? How about the Spanish? Italians?

Gotta love tribal mentality.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Middle Eastern is the dumbest "term". Do you have any idea how inaccurate and innately eurocentric it its? Do you have any idea how many "ethnic" groups it comprises?

How about Indians? They most certainly must be a separate race, right?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
12-02-2013, 03:11 AM
(12-02-2013 02:37 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 02:28 AM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  White, Black, Hispanic/Latino (not sure if these are the same or not), East Asian (Mongoloid?) and Middle Eastern for which I have no clue what the official name is.

There is a huge difference between race and ethnicity (esp. ethnicity as defined by some idiotic, half-assed American classification).

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/science/...the-world/

Not to mention that Hispanic/Latino is possibly the most idiotic American invention. Who exactly is Hispanic? Who is Latino? And why? Are Peruvians Hispanic? Latino? How about Brazilians? How about the Spanish? Italians?

Gotta love tribal mentality.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Middle Eastern is the dumbest "term". Do you have any idea how inaccurate and innately eurocentric it its? Do you have any idea how many "ethnic" groups it comprises?

How about Indians? They most certainly must be a separate race, right?

We're all ignorant asshats, we all just come in different shades... Consider

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]