The potential infinity is not the actual one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: The potential infinity is not the actual one
(11-08-2016 10:43 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 10:35 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  How is that a "scare tactic"? Facepalm
The words "Poe's law", which are addressed to a human, are always detached from the article in Wikipedia. They are used to tell the unwanted human, what the person is going to report him to the administration with faked accusation. Learn the awful contemporary reality, my friend! Therefore, my answer is also the scare tactic: "the hell!"

I don't think you understand what Poe's Law is. Facepalm

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2016, 10:46 PM
The words "Poe's law", which are addressed to a human, are always detached from the article in Wikipedia. They are used to tell the unwanted human, what the person is going to report him to the administration with faked accusation. Learn the awful contemporary reality, my friend! Therefore, my answer is also the scare tactic: "the hell!"

I'm curious- what is your native language? Your communications here seem a bit disjoint. I'm thinking it may a language issue.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
11-08-2016, 10:46 PM
(11-08-2016 10:26 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 10:17 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  From the POV of the test particle, the event horizon is crossed very quickly.
From your POV the test particle never crosses the event horizon.
Both are true for their respective frames of reference. Neither requires infinity.
Dear human, you are well raised in the popular science. However, I am too deep in the professional knowledge to be so happily simple.

Given your definition of time as 'a physical object which is measured by a clock' I hope that you will forgive my continued skepticism regarding your knowledge.

Quote:I am very complex.

Irreductibly. Facepalm

Quote:Yes, you are right: in the co-moving frames the theory limit predicts such difference: one crosses, other doesn't. However the Einstein insisted, what the Physics in every free-moving frame is the same throughout the space and time.

You are fond of misrepresenting Hawking and Einstein. Kindly show how anything that Al said is a problem. Use citations.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
11-08-2016, 10:53 PM

No, they aren't. If you had read the link you might understand that I was telling diddo that I can't tell if you're an evangelical or an atheist pretending to be one. The parody is indistinguishable from the reality.

And you obviously don't know this board very well yet. Reporting this conversation to the Admins would get me laughed at. Moms would offer to lend me a pair of big girl pants or something equally scathing and rightly so.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
11-08-2016, 10:59 PM
(11-08-2016 10:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 10:43 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The words "Poe's law", which are addressed to a human, are always detached from the article in Wikipedia. They are used to tell the unwanted human, what the person is going to report him to the administration with faked accusation. Learn the awful contemporary reality, my friend! Therefore, my answer is also the scare tactic: "the hell!"

I'm curious- what is your native language? Your communications here seem a bit disjoint. I'm thinking it may a language issue.

That's part of the problem. The real issue is that he's fluent in one-liner debating and bendy logic. Playing the redefinition game isn't helping him much either.

Part of me is still tempted to give him a rep point for being unable to construct a circular definition. You don't see that in an evangelist every day.

---
11-08-2016, 11:00 PM
(11-08-2016 10:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Given your definition of time as 'a physical object which is measured by a clock.
Do not like "time is physical object"? Then try these pair of shoes:
"time is a physical objectivity", "time is physical reality".
11-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Why are we still talking about clocks? Definitions can be circular. Proofs cannot. The two are not interchangeable.

Truth seeker.
11-08-2016, 11:19 PM
(11-08-2016 10:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm curious- what is your native language?
We are designed from diversity of nations. Like the "fifth element":

12-08-2016, 12:00 AM
(11-08-2016 11:29 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 11:26 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why would you want to represent "the infinite amount of 'Subdivision' within whole numbers" using your god?
who else has enough printing paper to write all infinite list of numbers?

Yeah but why your god? Why not via a formula which was previously offered?
12-08-2016, 12:16 AM
(12-08-2016 12:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yeah but why your god? Why not via a formula which was previously offered?
the formula is x. The formula is not a number. The human can not say, what between 0 and 1 actual infinity of numbers is. The human says only: there is continuity of numbers.