The press

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 10:47 AM
The press
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-use-...ork-times/

Quote:....President-elect Donald Trump went on another of his infamous tweetstorms early Sunday, targeting the New York Times for their “BAD coverage” of his presidential campaign.
Here are Trump’s critical tweets about the Times, in which he claims the newspaper had sent a letter to their subscribers apologizing for their election reporting:

Quote:Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the "Trump phenomena"
6:16 AM - 13 Nov 2016

@realDonaldTrump
The @nytimes sent a letter to their subscribers apologizing for their BAD coverage of me. I wonder if it will change - doubt it?
6:43 AM - 13 Nov 2016

It's going to be one heck of a difficult job for the republicans to muzzle Trump...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: The press
They can't muzzle Trump, they've been trying for months. They probably don't really want to right now either since he won. They too will use it as an excuse to attack the "liberal media."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
13-11-2016, 11:23 AM
He really does want to go after the press. And - he can. He can refuse to renew licences.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-11-2016, 11:26 AM
The guy has shown to have the emotional capacity of a turnip no self-control whatsoever. FFS they had to take his twitter account away the last few day of the election and as soon as they gave it back we have this. Facepalm

In the back of my mind I think, “Maybe it won’t be so bad”, and then reality hits me...it’s going to be worse than any of us can imagine.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
13-11-2016, 11:31 AM
BTW, from what I can see the New York Times lost a lot of subscribers to it's paper, but gained considerably more for it's online service.

That seems to be healthy for a newspaper, they are going extinct in paper form.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-11-2016, 11:38 AM
(13-11-2016 10:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-use-...ork-times/

Quote:....President-elect Donald Trump went on another of his infamous tweetstorms early Sunday, targeting the New York Times for their “BAD coverage” of his presidential campaign.
Here are Trump’s critical tweets about the Times, in which he claims the newspaper had sent a letter to their subscribers apologizing for their election reporting:

@realDonaldTrump
Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the "Trump phenomena"
6:16 AM - 13 Nov 2016

@realDonaldTrump
The @nytimes sent a letter to their subscribers apologizing for their BAD coverage of me. I wonder if it will change - doubt it?
6:43 AM - 13 Nov 2016

It's going to be one heck of a difficult job for the republicans to muzzle Trump...

They could have that eagle that he posed with follow him around as a warning.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
13-11-2016, 11:46 AM
It all makes sense to me now - the NYT published the ACLU open letter to Trump. It offended him.

13-11-2016, 11:58 AM
I wonder if he has a drinking problem (maybe coke too).
He gets loaded and shoots his mouth off online about whatever pops into his addled mind.
13-11-2016, 12:02 PM
(13-11-2016 11:58 AM)pablo Wrote:  I wonder if he has a drinking problem (maybe coke too).
He gets loaded and shoots his mouth off online about whatever pops into his addled mind.

I don't think so. He tweeted, he won. Hence, he is the king of tweets and is right about tweeting his mind. Period. He is always right. If it backfires, someone else is to blame.

13-11-2016, 04:23 PM
So the "new" "presidential" Trump lasted half a week. FSM help us all; it's gonna be a rough ride.