The problem of evil: The problem of human choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: The problem of evil: The problem of human choice
(18-09-2014 09:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your post was off the mark as I pointed out. So is this last one.

I mean, I was just throwing ideas around, ya know?

I'm not quick enough to see the logical validity of an off-the-top-of-my-head statement. I know now that you're smart enough to see that right away, and that's great. But it was a bit abrasive, was all I'm saying.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 10:13 AM
(18-09-2014 10:04 AM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 09:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your post was off the mark as I pointed out. So is this last one.

I'm not quick enough to see the logical validity of an off-the-top-of-my-head statement. I know now that you're smart enough to see that right away, and that's great. But it was a bit abrasive, was all I'm saying.

Yeah, we do abrasive here. Rather well in fact. People with thin skins tend not to last.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-09-2014, 10:15 AM
(18-09-2014 10:04 AM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  

I apologize for being abrasive - you have not yet earned that. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-09-2014, 10:18 AM
(18-09-2014 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 10:04 AM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  I mean, I was just throwing ideas around, ya know?

I apologize for being abrasive - you have not yet earned that. Big Grin

Lol I don't think you had to apologize, but I'll take it anyway. Thumbsup
18-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Back on topic:

God is malevolent:

Genesis 7:4 God vows to destroy every living thing on the planet, including children too young to know what they did and the animals.

Exodus 4:1 God hardens Pharoah’s heart to put on a show.

Leviticus 1:3 God requires blood sacrifice.

Leviticus 10:6 God kills Aaron’s sons and tells him not to mourn them.

Psalms 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

The New Testament: Brutal human sacrifice is required to sate God’s wrath so He can provide mercy to mankind.

Matthew 7:14 Most people will go to hell.

Entire books have been written on the cruelty of Yahweh, he is unquestionably malevolent, you are unquestionably doomed.

God is not omniscient or omnipresent:

Genesis 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

Genesis 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Genesis 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. –He’s not everywhere and doesn’t know what’s going on until taking an investigative tour.

Hosea 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. Doesn’t even know where Satan is at?

God is not omnipotent:

Judges 1:19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron. Iron chariots are too powerful for Yahweh!

Mark 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

2 Kings 3:27 The King of Moab offers his son as a sacrifice to Chemosh, Chemosh turns backs the army of Israel after the prophet Elisha states that God would give them victory.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
18-09-2014, 01:09 PM
For some reason this one made me grin:

"Genesis 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. –He’s not everywhere and doesn’t know what’s going on until taking an investigative tour."

Perhaps because I was a builder for many years. I wonder if a heavenly REALTOR was showing him around? Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post