The problem of evil/suffering.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 08:36 PM
The problem of evil/suffering.....
Theists say that there is suffering because of original sin....and they believe in redemptive suffering.....but we say that suffering is because of evolution......I go back to Occam's Razor... .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: The problem of evil/suffering.....
(16-11-2016 08:36 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Theists say that there is suffering because of original sin....and they believe in redemptive suffering.....but we say that suffering is because of evolution......I go back to Occam's Razor... .

Life is a vale of tears for some people, because they get a bunch of myrrh smoke pumped up their asses by the religionists, who made up the very concept of evil. Shit happens. We're born, destined to die, eventually. People do stupid shit, take themselves out, take others out, cripple themselves or others so that they can't ever move again. Go sing in the sun while you still can! And tell the next person who tries to pump you full of jebus and original sin, ask them if they don't think they are too old to have imaginary friends. Jovies who come to my door get asked that question. Suffering? My hemorrhoids are killin' me slowly, at the moment. Big Grin
16-11-2016, 09:18 PM
The ability to suffer is merely a tool. Without it, why bother?

'Murican Canadian
16-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Have you watched the Richard Dawkins/Cardinal Pell debate on youtube? I love what Dawkins had to say on original sin. It actually helped put me on my path to atheism.
16-11-2016, 10:20 PM
No...not yet....
16-11-2016, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2016 10:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
----------------- duplicate

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-11-2016, 10:24 PM
(16-11-2016 09:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Have you watched the Richard Dawkins/Cardinal Pell debate on youtube? I love what Dawkins had to say on original sin. It actually helped put me on my path to atheism.

One of my favorite debates ... Pell is left as a puddle on the floor. (I hear he's hiding out in Rome these days ... afraid of being charged with something in Australia).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-11-2016, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2016 10:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-11-2016 08:36 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Theists say that there is suffering because of original sin....and they believe in redemptive suffering.....but we say that suffering is because of evolution......I go back to Occam's Razor... .

I don't think "we say" suffering is because of evolution.
If anything, suffering tells us the big picture is not about individuals, (which is a not what our culture likes to look at, as it's *all about* "individualism". Individuals are important to individuals, not to evolution).

Original sin is a really stupid concept, and non-Biblical. Too bad most religionists don't know the Hebrews (Bible) thought about ''evil" as "choas" (which they got from the Babylonians .... as in "Tiamet Slays the Dragon of Chaos" ... myth).

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-11-2016, 10:37 PM
(16-11-2016 10:20 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  No...not yet....

Here it is...

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-11-2016, 11:27 PM
(16-11-2016 10:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:20 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  No...not yet....

Here it is...

[Image: 79866704454babe11e183dd6481be320.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson