The problem with american's prison systems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 12:30 PM by Mittens Deluxe.)
RE: The problem with american's prison systems
(24-04-2016 12:20 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 12:01 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  [...] Personally, I think all drugs should legal for adults. Adults don't need other adults to tell them what drugs they can take, but of course, that's just my opinion.

Seriously?

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-04-30-at-13.53.14.png]

First image of woman at 19 years of age before her crystal meth addiction;
second image of same woman only three years later at age 22.

I think people do need to advise their friends and acquaintances what drugs to take or not take, and how much and how often. I'm also guessing you don't know a lot about drug addiction, nor have had any friends or family succumb to the hard drugs.
It's not a matter of whether or not I think drugs are safe, I do not advocate the use of drugs. I advocate taking them out of the hands of violent drug dealers so they also can't be cut with other unsafe substances. You don't even know if you're getting the drugs you think you're getting on the streets, which could make them even more dangerous. They need to legalize all drugs and regulate them and educate people on the effects of these drugs but also how to use them and dosages and what not. Because people will do drugs either way, just as people will eat mcdonalds and drink coca cola. People know that what they're doing to themselves is dangerous and harmful, they don't deserve to be put in prison for that.

Not to mention the drug war has FAILED and cost us billions of dollars and not kept drugs out of the hands of people. I'd also wager that prescription drugs are just as dangerous, but those are legal. Opiates are killing people and that's an epidemic in America. Do you want to ban Pharmaceutical companies too?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mittens Deluxe's post
24-04-2016, 12:29 PM
merged with the last post.
24-04-2016, 12:30 PM
(24-04-2016 12:20 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 12:01 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  [...] Personally, I think all drugs should legal for adults. Adults don't need other adults to tell them what drugs they can take, but of course, that's just my opinion.

Seriously?

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-04-30-at-13.53.14.png]

First image of woman at 19 years of age before her crystal meth addiction;
second image of same woman only three years later at age 22.

I think people do need to advise their friends and acquaintances what drugs to take or not take, and how much and how often. I'm also guessing you don't know a lot about drug addiction, nor have had any friends or family succumb to the hard drugs.

I'm all for giving people advice, it's enforcing where I disagree.

Your guess about me is dead wrong. My grandfather was an alcoholic and died from cirrhosis of the liver. My uncle died in his mid forties from alcohol and opiate addiction. My brother has struggled with addiction for the last 20 years. I have many friends and acquaintances who have also suffered from addiction.

SYZ, do you think alcohol should be illegal? why/why not?

How about marijuana?
24-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Just noticed my minor auto correct typo (generating should be generation) after already having been /quoted twice. Dammit.

'Murican Canadian
24-04-2016, 12:37 PM
(24-04-2016 12:15 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 12:01 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Seems like it would just be easier to make child abuse and theft illegal.

If meth was legal, do you think that you would become addicted and kill your children?

Do you think alcohol should be legal?

Why do you think marijuana should be legal?

Personally, I think all drugs should legal for adults. Adults don't need other adults to tell them what drugs they can take, but of course, that's just my opinion.

The problem is that people on drugs do the most horrible, fucked up things imaginable. Their brains are gone. The children become victims.

This is an all too common scenario that I've seen too many times working in law enforcement.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/201.../74279166/

Any chance you want to take a stab my other questions? It's a good article you posted, and it's worth considering, but don't sober people also sometimes do horrible things. Saying that drugs kill people is kind of like saying that guns kill people. Guns and drugs are just things. It's what people do with them that counts.
24-04-2016, 12:39 PM
You don't become physically addicted to guns, though. They are not really equivalents.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-04-2016, 12:45 PM
(24-04-2016 12:39 PM)BnW Wrote:  You don't become physically addicted to guns, though. They are not really equivalents.

Range addict here Tongue

'Murican Canadian
24-04-2016, 12:47 PM
(24-04-2016 12:39 PM)BnW Wrote:  You don't become physically addicted to guns, though. They are not really equivalents.

Right, but drugs kill exactly as many people as guns do.... zero.
24-04-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty sure drugs kill people. Even legal use of them can prove fatal.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-04-2016, 01:46 PM
(24-04-2016 12:49 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm pretty sure drugs kill people. Even legal use of them can prove fatal.

What about bacon and cheeseburgers? Do they kill people too? Should we make cheeseburgers illegal?
[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post