The professional athletes protest of the national anthem in support of Black Power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2016, 06:51 PM
The professional athletes protest of the national anthem in support of Black Power
I think the protests have worked - no black kids were murdered by racist cops this week. All is cool.Smile

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: The professional athletes protest of the national anthem in support of Black Power
You sure? I saw something on facebook.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/us/tyr...p=cur&_r=0

Besides, you're the one being racist right now.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Tongue RE:The professional athletes protest of the national anthem in support of Black Power
(19-09-2016 06:51 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I think the protests have worked - no black kids were murdered by racist cops this week. All is cool.Smile

WTF?

You know, there are a few bad apples among police because there are a few bad apples among any population of people. But, by and large, police are good. And they do a shit job for shit wages putting their lives on the line every day to protect people who seem to enjoy giving them little except more shit. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
20-09-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: The professional athletes protest of the national anthem in support of Black Power
Playing the national anthem at sporting events is a tradition that should have died off long ago.
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
20-09-2016, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2016 01:24 PM by Mr. Boston.)
I've never understood the connection between sporting events and patriotism. I mean when I was a kid they just played the anthem, no big deal. All this extraneous bullshit they've added lately, with jet fly-overs and gigantic flags on the field and marching bands and all that shit, it's just a recruitment exercise paid for by the military. I decline to participate because it's shameful to waste money on meaningless ceremonial shit like that when 22 veterans commit suicide every day. I'm not protesting anything specific besides the completely unnecessary glorification of the military in our popular culture. Then again I think the NFL is pretty much a cultural cancer to begin with and I haven't watched a regular season game in years.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
20-09-2016, 01:48 PM
(20-09-2016 01:19 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I've never understood the connection between sporting events and patriotism. I mean when I was a kid they just played the anthem, no big deal. All this extraneous bullshit they've added lately, with jet fly-overs and gigantic flags on the field and marching bands and all that shit, it's just a recruitment exercise paid for by the military. I decline to participate because it's shameful to waste money on meaningless ceremonial shit like that when 22 veterans commit suicide every day. I'm not protesting anything specific besides the completely unnecessary glorification of the military in our popular culture. Then again I think the NFL is pretty much a cultural cancer to begin with and I haven't watched a regular season game in years.

That's all sports ever have been based on. Regional pride whether national, city, or even more personally locally invested.

The connections can't really be separate too much because they have the same basis emotionally for your in/out group rooting interests of the populous.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-09-2016, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2016 02:25 PM by TrainWreck.)
(20-09-2016 01:19 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I've never understood the connection between sporting events and patriotism.
I doubt if there are any state laws ordering the anthem for private organizations. However, it is a good thing - it provides the low life intellectuals an outlet for their frustrations in their endurance of a corrupt government. Too bad, nobody knows how to fix it - except me.

(20-09-2016 01:19 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I mean when I was a kid they just played the anthem, no big deal. All this extraneous bullshit they've added lately, with jet fly-overs and gigantic flags on the field and marching bands and all that shit, it's just a recruitment exercise paid for by the military.
Jesus fucking Christ (!), you read like a stupid ghetto dweller - the military does not pay for anything!

(20-09-2016 01:19 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I decline to participate because it's shameful to waste money on meaningless ceremonial shit like that when 22 veterans commit suicide every day.
Jesus H. Christ, what the fuck do you believe - 22 a day?!?!?!

(20-09-2016 01:19 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I'm not protesting anything specific besides the completely unnecessary glorification of the military in our popular culture. Then again I think the NFL is pretty much a cultural cancer to begin with and I haven't watched a regular season game in years.
It's amazing how dangerous it is, yet these guys keep signing up for it anyway - risk. They're all pretty much a bunch of Neanderthals going about life as best they can to be what they want to be. It is not the white Americans fault that sporting leagues magically appeared. The system of employment was established in the United States, because of slavery and racism - it wasn't a handful of brilliant black guys who figured out how to organize a basketball game, or a league.

I don't know what you want to credit non-whites with having contributed to the betterment of society, but I can guarantee you that it is white people who are to be credited with having developed the detailed description of reality and organization of society.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
20-09-2016, 02:37 PM
I'm digging the raised fist more than the kneeling. Wonder how many youngsters know where it came from.

[Image: f478en7.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-09-2016, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2016 02:53 PM by Mr. Boston.)
National Anthem
(20-09-2016 01:19 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I mean when I was a kid they just played the anthem, no big deal. All this extraneous bullshit they've added lately, with jet fly-overs and gigantic flags on the field and marching bands and all that shit, it's just a recruitment exercise paid for by the military.
(20-09-2016 02:19 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Jesus fucking Christ (!), you read like a stupid ghetto dweller - the military does not pay for anything!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/defe...1d306eda5e

(20-09-2016 01:19 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I decline to participate because it's shameful to waste money on meaningless ceremonial shit like that when 22 veterans commit suicide every day.
(20-09-2016 02:19 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Jesus H. Christ, what the fuck do you believe - 22 a day?!?!?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...an_suicide

Not saying Huffington Post and Wikipedia are the MOST reliable sources, but at least I can cite some kind of source beyond my own imagination.
20-09-2016, 02:59 PM
(20-09-2016 01:19 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 02:19 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Jesus H. Christ, what the fuck do you believe - 22 a day?!?!?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...an_suicide

Not saying Huffington Post and Wikipedia are the MOST reliable sources, but at least I can cite some kind of source beyond my own imagination.

Looks like it's down to 20/day as of this year. VA Releases Report on Nation’s Largest Analysis of Veteran Suicide

#sigh