The professional athletes protest of the national anthem in support of Black Power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: The professional athletes protest of the national anthem in support of Black Power
(20-09-2016 02:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Looks like it's down to 20/day as of this year. VA Releases Report on Nation’s Largest Analysis of Veteran Suicide

Ha-le-fuckin-lu-jah. Must be all these emotional tributes at football games are giving 2 of these men and women per day something to live for.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: The professional athletes protest of the national anthem in support of Black Power
That's a lot of suicides. I think I am reading that it adds up to more than a hundred suicides a day in the general population - wow. No wonder our advancement to over-population is not as fast as I would think it to be.

Well, I guess if I got that wrong then everything else in my world view is skewed, and that you are my daddy - so do all atheists agree with you and that the few of us who do not need to adjust to seeing things your way???

It sounds like Kaepernick is going to end his protest, and blame it on racist white people threatening him.

Quote:At the vanguard of debate about racial inequality in recent weeks, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says he has received death threats for making his views known.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/21/sport/...index.html

I want to see the death threats and the police reports.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
21-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Quote:so do all atheists agree with you

The only thing that defines an atheist is his/her lack of belief in a skydaddy.
That's it.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-09-2016, 07:22 PM
(19-09-2016 06:51 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I think the protests have worked - no black kids were murdered by racist cops this week. All is cool.Smile

You spoke too soon.

You should always wait until the end of the week before giving the cops any credit for self-control.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
21-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Quote: I mean when I was a kid they just played the anthem,

Even that was a marketing ploy by the Chicago Cubs in the 1918 World Series...only they played it during the 7th inning stretch.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
21-09-2016, 07:57 PM
While I don't think anyone should be forced to exhibit patriotism, it's also worth acknowledging that professional athletes are completely useless beyond their entertainment value to a highly judgemental population. Their value is tied to the public's perception of them. If they fail at playing this selective ass kissing game and end up facing the repercussions, I have no sympathy. That's the job they signed up for.

If a large portion of the people paying your inflated salary are the types who take the national anthem seriously, and you decide to take a stand against it for whatever reason, there are obviously going to be consequences.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
13-12-2016, 06:17 PM
Gotta bump this thread with this video. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post