The proof of a creator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: The proof of a creator
I know you're joking, but I had a guy (who hit me in the head with a stuffed dinosaur while trying to "prove" a pseudoscientific point about gravity) at a Creationism Seminar who claimed Noah's Flood made the Grand Canyon in 5 minutes.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2016, 04:30 PM
(04-06-2016 04:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I know you're joking, but I had a guy (who hit me in the head with a stuffed dinosaur while trying to "prove" a pseudoscientific point about gravity) at a Creationism Seminar who claimed Noah's Flood made the Grand Canyon in 5 minutes.

That premise was used in a book by Pournelle and Niven (Burning Tower) as an old Native American legend. I'd like to be outside the earth's atmosphere in a comfy climate-controlled chair and watch a spectacle like that.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-06-2016, 04:34 PM
(03-06-2016 10:08 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So I was reading the comments on a video from Facebook on the butterfly effect and one kid popped up with reasons scientists think God exists. The reasons are
- the earth has layers
-there's enough mud in the Gulf of Mexico to date back 6000 years only
- the earth has scars from the flood
- there's more evidence of Jesus than there is of Julius Caesar.

I have nothing to add.. Just wanted to share this amazing evidence!

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-06-2016, 11:14 PM
(04-06-2016 04:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 04:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I know you're joking, but I had a guy (who hit me in the head with a stuffed dinosaur while trying to "prove" a pseudoscientific point about gravity) at a Creationism Seminar who claimed Noah's Flood made the Grand Canyon in 5 minutes.

That premise was used in a book by Pournelle and Niven (Burning Tower) as an old Native American legend. I'd like to be outside the earth's atmosphere in a comfy climate-controlled chair and watch a spectacle like that.

Huh, never knew it was a book plot point. Got to agree, it would be awesome to behold such a thing from a comfortable distance.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Oh yeah, look at the trees.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
05-06-2016, 08:04 AM
(05-06-2016 07:55 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Oh yeah, look at the trees.
Squirrel!
05-06-2016, 08:08 AM
(05-06-2016 07:55 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Oh yeah, look at the trees.

Fuck the trees! Look at the ents!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-06-2016, 08:08 AM
The proof of the creator is simply the creation

If you wanna say that the universe came up by it self when a zero mass zero volume point decided to mate, you are the one who need to get a proof, or let's make it easier , just try to explain Zero mass zero volume point
05-06-2016, 08:13 AM
(05-06-2016 08:08 AM)dimmu.borgir Wrote:  The proof of the creator is simply the creation

If you wanna say that the universe came up by it self when a zero mass zero volume point decided to mate, you are the one who need to get a proof, or let's make it easier , just try to explain Zero mass zero volume point

decided to mate? Not sure you quite are on a terminological understanding of things here mate.

Though perhaps you've not had things made easier enough or equated enough well for you elsewhere. That's why notions of proof like this go blatantly nowhere because it demonstrates the person clearly doesn't grasp what proof is quantified as.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-06-2016, 08:15 AM
(05-06-2016 08:08 AM)dimmu.borgir Wrote:  The proof of the creator is simply the creation

Facepalm Oh FFS!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat