"The proof"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: "The proof"
(14-03-2017 09:11 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Judging from his comments on Bahnsenburner, Sye Ten is a petulant little child unworthy of serious consideration. He only commented to whine, not to critique. He was soundly pwned in that essay, and he fucking well knows it.

He wants a live debate because he can go on a Gish gallop to throw off his opponent and frazzle him. I'd pay good money to see a debate between Bahnsenburner and Sye. He would destroy him.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
14-03-2017, 09:51 AM
(14-03-2017 09:29 AM)unfogged Wrote:  For anybody that hasn't seen it... be aware that it is VERY painful to watch

Wow opening with so much quote mining.....

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
14-03-2017, 10:15 AM
At work.

Heart

Hug

Immense thanks True Scott's Man for an amazing and informative link!

Thumbsup
14-03-2017, 10:20 AM
I have never understood those Christians who try to show that there is the proof of God. What are they doing? And most importantly - why are they doing this?
One thing is to share your believes with those who don't mind to listen. Another thing is to prove something you KNOW can not be proved.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
14-03-2017, 10:28 AM
(14-03-2017 10:20 AM)Alla Wrote:  I have never understood those Christians who try to show that there is the proof of God. What are they doing? And most importantly - why are they doing this?
One thing is to share your believes with those who don't mind to listen. Another thing is to prove something you KNOW can not be proved.

As a direct answer to your question, it's because they take the stance that god is tangibly real, and the bible is a 100% perfect accurate factual description of reality and history.

Therefor if you can demonstrate if ANY tiny portion of their foundation is not factually correct (which has been done often) then the entire basis for their faith crumbles. They no longer can justify their position.

For this reason they engage in the activity you ask about, and when they are demonstrated to have flaws in their logic, factually wrong things in their holy book, rather than acknowledging it and choosing to hold belief in spite of it, they are forced to ignore reality and continue to repeat their dishonest arguments.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
14-03-2017, 10:33 AM
(14-03-2017 10:20 AM)Alla Wrote:  I have never understood those Christians who try to show that there is the proof of God. What are they doing? And most importantly - why are they doing this?

They are insecure in their beliefs and need the agreement of others to validate and reinforce them.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-03-2017, 10:38 AM
(14-03-2017 10:15 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Heart

Hug

Immense thanks True Scott's Man for an amazing and informative link!

Thumbsup

You are welcome. I really enjoy the comments sections. Often I'll go back and read them over again because it's just so much fun. I think it was around year eight or nine in the archives where a guy named "Nide" starts posting and he continually gets humiliated and comes back for more. He keeps changing his screen name (Hezakia Ahaz, Richard, rc321, and several more) Just look for any blog post with more than 30 or 40 comments and either he or another nutty theist has tried his hand at refuting the blog entry. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
14-03-2017, 10:38 AM
(14-03-2017 10:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

They are insecure in their beliefs and need the agreement of others to validate and reinforce them.

Nail on head.

14-03-2017, 12:22 PM
(14-03-2017 08:14 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 07:46 AM)psiclark Wrote:  Stumbled across this while reading threads, interested to hear opinions on this?

Personally I think it is void of all reason, proof or logic.

http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/the-proof/

You are so right!

Here is an excellent takedown of his proof. Watch what happens with Ten Bruggencate himself when he engages the author in the comments section. It's priceless. You see the presuppositional "argument" is not an argument but a series of assertions and questions posing as an argument. The pressuppositional apologetic method counts on the ignorance of those it engages about issues such as truth, certainty, knowledge, logic, etc. I think it is specifically designed to go against skeptics. See what happens when it runs into someone who is not ignorant but better informed on these issues than the apologist.

http://bahnsenburner.blogspot.com/2010/0...cates.html

Christ, that's going to take me the afternoon to read, but from the little I've read it look great. Thanks for posting the link.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-03-2017, 12:49 PM
(14-03-2017 07:46 AM)psiclark Wrote:  Stumbled across this while reading threads, interested to hear opinions on this?

Personally I think it is void of all reason, proof or logic.

http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/the-proof/

I stopped even glancing through these myriad absurd "proofs" decades ago. Same shit; different smell.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post