"The proof"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: "The proof"
(14-03-2017 12:22 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 08:14 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  You are so right!

Here is an excellent takedown of his proof. Watch what happens with Ten Bruggencate himself when he engages the author in the comments section. It's priceless. You see the presuppositional "argument" is not an argument but a series of assertions and questions posing as an argument. The pressuppositional apologetic method counts on the ignorance of those it engages about issues such as truth, certainty, knowledge, logic, etc. I think it is specifically designed to go against skeptics. See what happens when it runs into someone who is not ignorant but better informed on these issues than the apologist.

http://bahnsenburner.blogspot.com/2010/0...cates.html

Christ, that's going to take me the afternoon to read, but from the little I've read it look great. Thanks for posting the link.

You don't have to read all that. I think you already know Sye's and presuppositionalism's arguments are bunk. Although you might find the criticisms from an Objectivist perspective interesting. But look what sye does in the comments. He complains about the length, he gets caught flat out lying, he posts numerous times while not ever addressing a single point of the criticism. He tries his standard lines and they fail miserably. He leaves.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
14-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Sye would cook you an omelette without any eggs presupposing that the omelette existed before he cooked it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
14-03-2017, 08:24 PM
(14-03-2017 09:29 AM)unfogged Wrote:  For anybody that hasn't seen it... be aware that it is VERY painful to watch

That's a good video to watch, even though it is indeed painful.

It showcases the blatant dishonesty of Bruggencate's tactics and ways to deal with them.

I found his strategy of refusing to discuss the bible with atheists to be particularly cowardly.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
14-03-2017, 11:55 PM
The important point which seems to elude almost every apologist:

Arguments are not evidence. You can't "prove" things about reality. You can only demonstrate them to be true beyond reasonable doubt. And you don't do that by making unfounded universal assumptions that you can't possibly know the truth value of.

Have they ever changed the mind of anyone with these stupid-ass "proofs"?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post
15-03-2017, 12:28 AM
Posting links to Sye Ten should be a bannable offense. Angry

living word
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-03-2017, 12:55 AM
I wonder how one of these guys would feel being sent to jail for murder based on a "logical proof" that they were guilty, and no evidence whatsoever?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
15-03-2017, 02:29 AM
(14-03-2017 09:11 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Judging from his comments on Bahnsenburner, Sye Ten is a petulant little child unworthy of serious consideration. He only commented to whine, not to critique. He was soundly pwned in that essay, and he fucking well knows it.

Atreja! Language!

You're turning me on.

Stop it. At least wait for our date.

[Image: 1091.gif]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
15-03-2017, 08:54 AM
(14-03-2017 09:29 AM)unfogged Wrote:  For anybody that hasn't seen it... be aware that it is VERY painful to watch

Why is it "VERY" painful to watch? Does Matt not do well in the debate? I've never been much of a debate watcher.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-03-2017, 08:57 AM
(15-03-2017 08:54 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Why is it "VERY" painful to watch? Does Matt not do well in the debate? I've never been much of a debate watcher.

Not the Matt part... he mostly just sits there with a dumbfounded look due to the stream of absolute nonsense spewing from Sye. Listening to STB is the painful part due to all the facepalming going on.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
15-03-2017, 09:32 AM
If you play it backwards, Sye is a fucking genius.
Playing it forward, he's a fucking idiot.

Never play it forward

It's my presupposition that he's an idiot.
Unfortunately, I have TONS of evidence to back up my claim.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post