The purpose of criminal justice

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-06-2016, 11:58 AM
RE: The purpose of criminal justice
Ohhhh trust me.....

It's a deterrence...

The only reason some people are still walking around, sucking down air -is it's illegal to kill them....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2016, 11:59 AM
(13-06-2016 11:57 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Congratulations, you just made -63 Reputation, asshole.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

I'm years ahead of you, bitch - we'll be doing things my way.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
13-06-2016, 12:02 PM
(13-06-2016 11:59 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 11:57 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Congratulations, you just made -63 Reputation, asshole.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

I'm years ahead of you, bitch - we'll be doing things my way.

Another gutless sockpuppet. Oh yay. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
13-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Yeah, if he's dumb enough to use the phrase "bitch" to a guy who did a decade in a Maximum Security prison, he's an internet troll who's even more pathetic than I first realized. 18 months ago, I'd have had to beat you into a pool of blood for saying that, out of sheer self-protection, lest others take advantage of weakness. The difference would be that, unlike the guy I did have to hospitalize (for a different but similar reason), I wouldn't feel bad about it in your case.

You really are pathetic and should probably kill yourself, Trainwreck, and save the trouble of the person to whom you finally are stupid enough to say something like that in the real world.

I'd hate to see a person sent to prison for doing us all a favor in removing a shit stain from the planet.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-06-2016, 12:13 PM
(13-06-2016 12:09 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Yeah, if he's dumb enough to use the phrase "bitch" to a guy who did a decade in a Maximum Security prison, he's an internet troll who's even more pathetic than I first realized. 18 months ago, I'd have had to beat you into a pool of blood for saying that, out of sheer self-protection, lest others take advantage of weakness. The difference would be that, unlike the guy I did have to hospitalize (for a different but similar reason), I wouldn't feel bad about it in your case.

You really are pathetic and should probably kill yourself, Trainwreck, and save the trouble of the person to whom you finally are stupid enough to say something like that in the real world.

I'd hate to see a person sent to prison for doing us all a favor in removing a shit stain from the planet.
And this is an example of how such people are deluded in false beliefs about right and wrong.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
13-06-2016, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 12:33 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Yeah, idiot, except I was wrongfully convicted and released on appeal. I never belonged there. "Such people." What the hell is wrong with you!?

That doesn't change how one must react when there are predators around, as I described above. I was attacked in a rape attempt because the perpetrator had seen my kindness to homosexual prisoners and took it to mean I was vulnerable and weak. I split his skull, was sent to the county jail and charged with assault until the DA dropped it almost immediately on realizing who my attacker was.

It also doesn't change the fact that you are a pathetic excuse for a human being and should remove yourself from the gene pool. If you don't have the courage to kill yourself, I suppose castration will do.

Edit to Add: Done with troll. Going outside to play with my kid, now. Will be back online late in the evening, after I put the boys to sleep. Sorry, to the rest of you. People like this keyboard bravo are one of the few things that make me feel violent... which is of course what a troll wants. I'm done. Gone. Gonna go hug my kid and try to work on his awful throwing arm with my awful throwing arm.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
13-06-2016, 12:59 PM
(13-06-2016 12:13 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 12:09 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Yeah, if he's dumb enough to use the phrase "bitch" to a guy who did a decade in a Maximum Security prison, he's an internet troll who's even more pathetic than I first realized. 18 months ago, I'd have had to beat you into a pool of blood for saying that, out of sheer self-protection, lest others take advantage of weakness. The difference would be that, unlike the guy I did have to hospitalize (for a different but similar reason), I wouldn't feel bad about it in your case.

And this is an example of how such people are deluded in false beliefs about right and wrong.

You were absent for nine months. That wasn't nearly long enough. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2016, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 01:35 PM by TrainWreck.)
(13-06-2016 12:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It also doesn't change the fact that you are a pathetic excuse for a human being and should remove yourself from the gene pool. If you don't have the courage to kill yourself, I suppose castration will do.
I tend to believe that I am one of the most important persons to have ever lived and contributed to mankind. I am very confident that I have identified a scientific theory for organizing technology - all that we know. The primary derivative of the theory being a knowledge classification system, which is used to organize information like the book shelves of a library - it is a replacement for the Dewey Decimal System. The next derivative is an organizational charter system. What this is is a template for organizing organizations. From small non-profit, to multi-national corporations, to municipalities, police departments, to state governments, and interstate governments - this is the all purpose scientific format for organizing people to make decisions and do the work they are commissioned to do. My system guides the categorization of law in a format that appears to be reliable - scientific.

Remember those days in the jail library and all those case reports you read and wondered how the system worked and did the categorization system make any sense; and the numbers - did the numbers mean anything??? What people don't understand is that it is a mess, because the categories of law have undergone a tremendous amount of development over the past two hundred years for several reasons, and the problem created was the chaotic system that was never corrected, because they didn't know how; and each state probably has a different chaotic system.

Getting to the more familiar understanding of government - the system I have developed divides the government into seven parts. It is a much more sophisticated and detailed system of checks and balances. In 1787 they just didn't have the complete knowledge of how to organize a government, nor the man power to do what we can do now.

0. security council (cabinet of executive departments)
1. justice council (administrative leaders from the other assemblies)
2. courts
3. senate of jurors
4. board of governors
5. league of attorneys
6. network of representatives

And this system can be replicated for all levels of government.

I am very confident I have what the sincere followers of the black civil rights leaders would want a black person to deliver to the world.

13-06-2016, 01:25 PM
(13-06-2016 12:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Done with troll. Going outside to play with my kid, now. Will be back online late in the evening, after I put the boys to sleep. Sorry, to the rest of you. People like this keyboard bravo are one of the few things that make me feel violent... which is of course what a troll wants. I'm done. Gone. Gonna go hug my kid and try to work on his awful throwing arm with my awful throwing arm.

Oh, please, please, come back. Weeping

13-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Excellent topic...

(13-06-2016 10:09 AM)natachan Wrote:  So another thread got me thinking about this. What is the purpose of our criminal justice system? What SHOULD it be?
Primarily to prevent the repetition of a crime by a perpetrator. Such as crimes of violence, burglary, fraud and deception etc. Secondly to provide rehabilitation and reeducation to enable a successful return to society with an improved understanding and adherence of society's norms.

Quote:We put a LOT of people in jail, most for no good reason.
Sorry, but I'd have to disagree with this. 51% of prisoners in Australian jails are there for crimes of violence against the person—homicide, armed robbery, sexual offences, and assault. Up to 46% of the total jail population are also recidivists.

Quote:I've been taught that our prison system serves three purposes, rehabilitation, deterrence, and punishment.
Nominally yes. Although it's difficult to reconcile the release of a rapist, murderer, or paedophile—ever—from jail. We just can't run the risk of psychopaths and/or sociopaths re-offending. The sanctity of innocent lives is too great a price to risk in these cases.

Quote:In terms of rehabilitation our prisons do a piss poor job of it.
Terms of reference please.

Quote:Most of our inmates are there for drug crimes...
Not so in Australia. Only 11% of prisoners are serving time for drug-related offences.

Quote:Most will end back in jail shortly after their release.
This is solely because of their own personal volition, and not the fault of the justice system per se. Drug offenders are provided with counselling services within jail, and are obviously and rightly expected to take responsibility for their own post-release activities—aided as they are by a probation officer and the Social Security department.

Quote:How about those in prison for other crimes, does the prison system help rehabilitate them? Again, not really. Which is a pity, because they really do need behaviour modification.
Do you believe that a rapist can be rehabilitated? Why is it that half (?) the rapists in jail are multiple offenders? Can a paedophile ever be considered truly rehabilitated—would you trust one to later on look after your 4-year-old daughter at pre-school daycare?

Quote:The second goal of prisons is supposed to be deterrence. Is it effective in this? It's hard to tell, but my guess would be no
I'd agree. There's zero empirical evidence confirming jail time as a deterrent. If it was, then we'd clear the streets tomorrow of rapists and murderers. The rate of crimes of violence in Australia has risen by more than 10% in the last 30 years.

Quote:If you look at states that have the death penalty vs those that do not you do not find that those with the death penalty have a lower murder rate (in fact you find the opposite, which is based on reasons which aren't relevant to this discussion).
Correct, as per this table.

[Image: murderratesdpvsnodp.png]

Quote:We are VERY good at punishment.
I don't think we are. For example, I favour the chemical castration of rapists and paedophiles, but the civil libertarians throw up their hands in disgust and anger at this oftentimes proposed solution.

Quote:Should the government be in the position of punishing people? This is different from confinement, which is valid. If someone is a danger to the general public they should be taken out of the general public to protect the citizens. But should it be punitive?
Yes, the government is the only authority that can impose the laws of the land via legislation. And I'm not sure what you're suggesting when you imply that maybe we shouldn't necessarily be punishing criminals?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.