The pursuit of pleasure vs the pursuit of intelligence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: The pursuit of pleasure vs the pursuit of intelligence
(10-10-2014 02:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 02:18 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  ...
Now this actually makes no sense to me because everything in life is nothing but a bunch of random events and scientific processes that has no meaning. I realize that atheism has no say in the meaning of life since there is no meaning of life to begin with. So in other words, nothing has any meaning besides scientific facts. To say that scientific facts have no meaning because of atheism would be false because you cannot defy scientific facts as they are the truth. But things such as opinions from other people can be dismissed with atheism since they have no meaning.

The homeschooling is strong in you.

The denial is strong in the forum team.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 04:23 PM
(10-10-2014 02:18 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 02:03 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  That's not intelligent at all, it's a kind of pseudo-intellectual drivel. You make a categorical mistake of assuming, like most idiot theists do, that atheism has ANYTHING to say on "meaning of life". It does not. You imply that atheism leads to a life of no meaning and it does not. You state that atheism means that you never have to listen to counter arguments or criticism because one one else has anything meaningful to say because...atheism.Hobo

First off that's fucking stupid, to which I am not surprised, but secondly it's a retread of what you have said before so.....basically I accuse you of saying the same tedious shit over and over and over and over and your response was.....to say the same thing you have before.

You're fucking stupid and your sad attempt at "intellectual and inspiring" platitudes fails. Lets leave out the fact that you come to a place vomit out a bunch of whiny bullshit you have a dozen times with the EXPRESS belief that you can ignore all criticism as "having no meaning whatsoever is fucking stupid, dishonest, and arrogant to the point of vulgar.

Now fuck off you whiny little bitch of a sock.
Now this actually makes no sense to me because everything in life is nothing but a bunch of random events and scientific processes that has no meaning. I realize that atheism has no say in the meaning of life since there is no meaning of life to begin with. So in other words, nothing has any meaning besides scientific facts. To say that scientific facts have no meaning because of atheism would be false because you cannot defy scientific facts as they are the truth. But things such as opinions can be dismissed with atheism since they have no meaning.

"Meaning" doesn't exist as a singular construct. "Meaning" only "means" something when you qualify it with something. You can't say something has "meaning" without defining what "meaning" is, or what it is about that thing that makes it "meaningful". Just like all other existential constructs "meaning" is not beholden to any physical or factual reality. "Meaning" does not have binary truths and false, "meaning" is complex, contextual, and deeply personal.

If you want to find meaning in your own life, the formula is really simple. Find something that is important to you, maybe that even makes you happy and gives you satisfaction, and do it. Pursuing enjoyment and fulfillment in this life is what gives people meaning. Some people raise children, other people have careers, some pursue the arts, hobbies, whatever - many of us do a combination of one or more of these. There is no one answer for all people, there are many answers for each individual. When you give up the idea of overriding authority and replace it with an embrace of that which is subjective, then you can focus what makes you, instead of focusing on what aught to make everybody happy.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
10-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Is RetardLink still here? How about banning this dimwit for good?
[+] 2 users Like DunkleSeele's post
10-10-2014, 08:12 PM
(10-10-2014 02:18 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Now this actually makes no sense to me because everything in life is nothing but a bunch of random events and scientific processes that has no meaning. I realize that atheism has no say in the meaning of life since there is no meaning of life to begin with. So in other words, nothing has any meaning besides scientific facts. To say that scientific facts have no meaning because of atheism would be false because you cannot defy scientific facts as they are the truth. But things such as opinions can be dismissed with atheism since they have no meaning.

More twaddle, fantastic. I'm not surprised it makes no sense to you, you're a damn idiot and we have been over this a dozen times. You are not saying anything new and it wasn't profound when it was new it's not any more intelligent now that you have said it for the 20th time. You're not smart, insightful, deep, profound, or wise. We got your message the first dozen times and we found it childish and lacking, we are not going to suddenly find it a fucking revelation because you can repeat the same hollow post over and over and over and over and over and over.
What's worse your full of total shit in such away as it makes it impossible to talk to you and not worth the effort. You have said in the past, when questioned why you were here posting the same fucking dross for the 9th time, that you were here to get the opinions of atheists on what you had to say. Now you are saying you will without reservation ignore any opinion that disagrees with you. You want our opinions but you will ignore any you don't like, which is fucking cowardly and dishonest.

Guess what, your entire post is one big personal opinion and I pointed out to you weeks ago that no fucking mental health expert would recommend your whole "live in a delusion if it makes you comfortable" approach to life. So in fact YOU have just a hallow opinion and YOU are going against the entire field of mental health so YOU and YOUR opinion can be fucking dismissed. Which is what you are, dismissed you fucking troll.

No one wants to debate with an asshole (you) who says right off the bat they will ignore any opinion they don't already hold. Fuck you and your simple childish brain. Grow up. Bitch.Drinking Beverage

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
10-10-2014, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 10:58 PM by MattMVS7.)
(10-10-2014 08:12 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 02:18 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Now this actually makes no sense to me because everything in life is nothing but a bunch of random events and scientific processes that has no meaning. I realize that atheism has no say in the meaning of life since there is no meaning of life to begin with. So in other words, nothing has any meaning besides scientific facts. To say that scientific facts have no meaning because of atheism would be false because you cannot defy scientific facts as they are the truth. But things such as opinions can be dismissed with atheism since they have no meaning.

More twaddle, fantastic. I'm not surprised it makes no sense to you, you're a damn idiot and we have been over this a dozen times. You are not saying anything new and it wasn't profound when it was new it's not any more intelligent now that you have said it for the 20th time. You're not smart, insightful, deep, profound, or wise. We got your message the first dozen times and we found it childish and lacking, we are not going to suddenly find it a fucking revelation because you can repeat the same hollow post over and over and over and over and over and over.
What's worse your full of total shit in such away as it makes it impossible to talk to you and not worth the effort. You have said in the past, when questioned why you were here posting the same fucking dross for the 9th time, that you were here to get the opinions of atheists on what you had to say. Now you are saying you will without reservation ignore any opinion that disagrees with you. You want our opinions but you will ignore any you don't like, which is fucking cowardly and dishonest.

Guess what, your entire post is one big personal opinion and I pointed out to you weeks ago that no fucking mental health expert would recommend your whole "live in a delusion if it makes you comfortable" approach to life. So in fact YOU have just a hallow opinion and YOU are going against the entire field of mental health so YOU and YOUR opinion can be fucking dismissed. Which is what you are, dismissed you fucking troll.

No one wants to debate with an asshole (you) who says right off the bat they will ignore any opinion they don't already hold. Fuck you and your simple childish brain. Grow up. Bitch.Drinking Beverage
Now most (if not all) mental health professionals are not all that smart and are taught wrong things such as that depression is due to a chemical imbalance when, in fact, it might be due to something else entirely. So these same mental health professionals might be taught wrong in terms of having delusional religious beliefs resulting in you being worse off in life and not having them resulting in you being better off in life. I (and many others) know plenty of religious people who lived happy fulfilling lives and were very motivated to do many great things in life through their religious beliefs. Sure, some people are better off with atheism and some religious people do horrible things through their beliefs, but some atheists are also better off with religious belief and can also do horrible things in life as a result of their atheism. Maybe they perhaps feel hopeless or angry that there is no God and a heaven, so they take this anger and such out on others and are less motivated to do great things in their life as a result of their atheism.

Also, we all find our own things in life that have the true great meaning for us. So it would be wrong for an atheist to tell a religious person that their beliefs only make them weak, cowardly, and inferior human beings and that they should just face reality and stop living in a fantasy land. But it would also be wrong for this religious person to tell an atheist that their atheism makes their lives basically worthless and makes them inferior human beings for not looking up to a higher power and an afterlife of eternal joy. Instead, we find our own strengths in life and go about our own ways of life. A religious person has found his/her true strength in life which is his/her religious belief (despite the fact that it is delusional) while an atheist has found his/her true strength in life which is his/her atheism (providing that it is very beneficial to him/her and does not make him/her angry and/or depressed). But since my mindset is incompatible with atheism and is a mindset that will never change due to my immense value of living an eternal life of joy, my atheism is very detrimental to me. Especially since this one and only life I will ever have is now being wasted and is now worthless since I have no pleasure. I would absolutely NEED the belief in a God and a heaven in order to give my life worth despite my depression/emotional numbness.

The most important thing to me in life would be my pleasure that is received from doing all activities that I used to enjoy such as playing videogames and composing. It's not the things themselves that are important. It is the pleasure that is received from these things which is important. With my pleasure, these things are important to me since these things are able to give me the pleasure that I value so much. But without my pleasure, they are nothing to me and nothing else has any value or any worth to me now.

But aside from that, in terms of atheism (which I actually think is nihilism in this case), you are free to do anything in life and not care about what anyone else says. For example, you would have the right to slaughter people. If you were to stab someone, the scientific fact is that the material that the knife consists of is piercing through the material that consists of this other person's body and this is a scientific fact that can't be dismissed. But opinions from others such as that "You are a horrible person for stabbing him/her" and many others can be dismissed.
10-10-2014, 10:55 PM
(10-10-2014 08:20 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 08:12 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  More twaddle, fantastic. I'm not surprised it makes no sense to you, you're a damn idiot and we have been over this a dozen times. You are not saying anything new and it wasn't profound when it was new it's not any more intelligent now that you have said it for the 20th time. You're not smart, insightful, deep, profound, or wise. We got your message the first dozen times and we found it childish and lacking, we are not going to suddenly find it a fucking revelation because you can repeat the same hollow post over and over and over and over and over and over.

Now most (if not all) mental health professionals are not all that smart...

Stopped reading right there. You have nothing worth reading and I have no intrest in reading your idiotic position restated for the 100th fucking time MozartLink. You're fucking tedious. Claiming that the ENTIRE mental health field is full of not very smart people is so far past wrong as to be physically painful to anyone with a working brain.
You're wrong, boo-fucking-hoo so sad for you. Maybe find your fucking sack and stop acting like a 4 year old. Childish as ever.

Your opinion is fucking stupid and I dismiss it as the pathetic whines of an intellectually vapid moron they are. Your opinion is dismissed, now shut your dick holster and move along you walking pollutant. No one cares how you package your stupid and as I said before there is no use talking to a asshole who has decided that all opinions that are not his are wrong before he even opens his ears to hear them.

Grow up bitch.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
10-10-2014, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 11:56 PM by MattMVS7.)
(deleted post)
10-10-2014, 11:37 PM
(10-10-2014 04:28 PM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Is RetardLink still here? How about banning this dimwit for good?

(10-10-2014 03:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  ...
The denial is strong in the forum team.

So what are you expecting?

I think this one is doing a pretty good job of being an embarrassment to theism.

Unpleasant and/or indefensible thoughts, ideas or concepts are what some of us want to read so that they can be seen, absorbed and ultimately given the white-hot light of scrutiny by seasoned skeptics (and used as chew toys for skeptics-in-training).

The good men, women and youth of TTA can provide rebukes, refutations and sometimes outrage and rail (often derail) against these notions.

Isn't this a good thing?

Huh

10-10-2014, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 11:58 PM by MattMVS7.)
(10-10-2014 10:55 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 08:20 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Now most (if not all) mental health professionals are not all that smart...

Stopped reading right there. You have nothing worth reading and I have no intrest in reading your idiotic position restated for the 100th fucking time MozartLink. You're fucking tedious. Claiming that the ENTIRE mental health field is full of not very smart people is so far past wrong as to be physically painful to anyone with a working brain.
You're wrong, boo-fucking-hoo so sad for you. Maybe find your fucking sack and stop acting like a 4 year old. Childish as ever.

Your opinion is fucking stupid and I dismiss it as the pathetic whines of an intellectually vapid moron they are. Your opinion is dismissed, now shut your dick holster and move along you walking pollutant. No one cares how you package your stupid and as I said before there is no use talking to a asshole who has decided that all opinions that are not his are wrong before he even opens his ears to hear them.

Grow up bitch.
Now I am not bothered and don't care what you have to say (I am actually amused by it and I would feel amused right now if I had my ability to experience pleasure hence the reason why I am not lashing out at everyone and am instead calmly explaining myself). Also, some people (such as you) might say that living in your own fantasy world with the belief in a God and a heaven and not caring what others say is childish and that I should just grow up. But apparently, atheism serves no benefit for me and neither does the criticism of others. So it would be pointless for me to "grow up." I am FAR better off with a religious belief and not caring what others have to say because that gives me the life I want to live and not how others want me to live. It gives me power over other people and their personal opinions and makes me superior if I had a nice happy life right now. Religious belief would be the only benefit for me since I would have the delusional belief in getting what I want after I died (which would be an afterlife of eternal joy with no suffering and despair). But since I am an atheist and am unable to get this nice happy life that I want both in this world as well as the afterlife, my life is now worthless!

Also, if you are going to say something such as that selfish people are weak, cowardly, and inferior human beings that need to grow up, this would be false. Narcissists can be quite badasses too. Think of Hitler. He was someone who had power and control in his life and that is what made him superior regardless of the fact that he killed many people. Yes, it is horrible that he killed many people. But the fact is that he is still superior anyway for living the life of power and control that he wanted to live. Therefore, since I wish to live a nice delusional happy fantasy world of little suffering and despair, that would make me superior right now if I were living such a live. Living such a nice happy fantasy life of sunshine and rainbows would make me the most powerful badass this world has ever known!
11-10-2014, 01:58 AM
(10-10-2014 11:40 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I don't care about your personal problems and your need to vomit then all over this forum over and over and over MozartLink. You are a delusional and idiotic troll and until you have something new or actually fucking interesting to say that's all you will ever be.
I'm sorry you think your life is lesser because you have to live in reality, boo-fucking-hoo poor you. Take your fucking meds and shut up, you're boring and your attempt at intellectualism is embarrassing.

Countdown to repetition in...3......2....1....