The radical political/religious circle jerk and most people aren't invited.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 09:26 AM
The radical political/religious circle jerk and most people aren't invited.
Israel, the U.S. and Saudi Arabia are all conservative religious nations according most standards.

On the face of it, radical christians, radical jewish and radical muslims all hate each other or at least very severely disagree. But why is it that they all support each other politically????

Saudi Arabia and Pakistan just to name a few get weapons and military hardware from the U.S. Israel gets weapons from the U.S. also. Sunni muslim nations along with the U.S. fund and arm sunni extremist groups in Syria and Libya and Iraq. With one hand they are pointing they are pointing the finger at each other telling us that there is a war because of religious hatred, then with the other hand they are stroking each others cock.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2012, 09:36 AM
RE: The radical political/religious circle jerk and most people aren't invited.
You left out the Sudan.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Two words son.
Money. Power.

Religion is just a convenient tool. Money and power is what drives politics, not religion.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
22-10-2012, 10:47 AM
donkey punches for everyone.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
22-10-2012, 11:06 AM
yes, money drives it all, but to most people they believe that these religions are fighting each other and to the people that believe that, it isn't about money.
22-10-2012, 12:26 PM
(22-10-2012 11:06 AM)I and I Wrote:  yes, money drives it all, but to most people they believe that these religions are fighting each other and to the people that believe that, it isn't about money.

Religion often takes a back-seat if it's detrimental to personal gain.

Henry VIII was an English monarchy at the back end of the middle ages. He was a Hell-fearing Catholic. It didn't stop him cutting all ties with the Vatican, closing all the Catholic monasteries, establishing the Church of England, and risking war with half of Europe.

All that was because the Pope refused to grant him an annulment from his current wife when he wanted to remarry (slightly spurred along by the opportunity of taking all the gold the Catholic church had in England).

For me, it's the perfect illustration of how much religion really matters in politics when personal gain is at stake.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
22-10-2012, 12:56 PM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Down Petition to remove religious tax-exempt status Jeffasaurus 39 534 17-07-2014 09:10 PM
Last Post: Hoops
  Revisiting the Political Compass kingschosen 48 673 22-06-2014 02:45 PM
Last Post: KidCharlemagne1962
  Why aren't there any technocracies? Crusher 6 126 10-04-2014 09:36 AM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  When is the Left going to stop pandering to the religious? TrainWreck 17 392 05-04-2014 12:47 PM
Last Post: TrainWreck
  Why do people think the US should be Just like Europe Aleprauchanist 24 508 29-03-2014 06:02 PM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Religious exemptions in the US and the law Full Circle 0 55 25-03-2014 05:18 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
  Political Correctness Drunkin Druid 10 339 07-03-2014 03:43 AM
Last Post: Juv