The rational debater's guide, brought to you by I&I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2013, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 04:49 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Ladies, Gentleman, the time has arrived. You have all marveled at the prowess displayed by the debating guru known as I&I. His snappy retorts, rock-solid arguments, and penetrating insights have captivated all he has crossed paths with. If you have ever wanted to make scintillating, eloquently worded inquires like this...

Quote:Hey stupid fucking fucks

The woo woo right wing pretend atheist Uncle Sam cock sucking stupid fucks that make of the majority of this site are now fucking saying like Chas explicitly said, two opposing objects crashing into one another should make them disintegrate completely? Not crash into pieces and be strewn about but shoud disintegrate completely. Tell me how this is physically possible with regards to chunks of metal being slammed Into one another.

...then fear no more! For now you shall all have the opportunity to dive into the rhetorical brilliance of the master! After spending a significant portion of time studying his ways, I have now compiled my observatory notes into a complete guide of I&I's debating methods. You too, will soon be among the gods of debaters by simply following these quick easy steps! May your opponents tremble in fear at your new found intellectual capabilities!

1. When in doubt, blame America.
2. Correlation=Causation, no exceptions, especially if America is involved.
3. Anybody that doesn't think that Al-Qaeda is a CIA puppet is retarded
4. Extraordinary claims only need to be backed up with simple inferential connections and sketchy evidence
5. If an individual requests more evidence for your outrageously preposterous bold claims, they are simply a blind drone that isn't advanced enough to understand your superior intellect.
6. Facts are negotiable for your preferred ideology, just like they are for the government!
7. If an opponent backs you into a corner, change the topic without addressing their points.
8. Be as snide and sardonic as possible, place your intended audience in the same group as the people you are criticizing.
9. Never meet the criteria of evidence your opponents demand, not like you could anyway, since they are obviously wrong.
10. The world does in fact operate under the dichotomies you impose upon it, anybody that doesn't fit your predetermined labels is just a tool too stupid to realize what his actual beliefs are, set him straight!
11. There is no such thing as neutral, you are either for or against something, everything is a binary.
12. There is no way that you are susceptible to the same confirmation bias you accuse your opponents of.
13. Other perspectives are worthless, you already have it all figured out.
14. Strawmen are your best friends, construct them regularly.
15. Hold on to strawmen at all costs, never let go of them.
16. DO NOT STOP CONSTRUCTING STRAWMEN! I REPEAT, DO NOT STOP CONSTRUCTING STRAWMEN!
17. Deflect criticism with underhanded jabs aimed at the attacker by bringing up some absurd belief they hold to, whether they actually hold this belief or not is irrelevant.
18. Distort what other people say as frequently as possible, it is common knowledge that people explicitly state that which they do not in fact explicitly state.
19. People don't have a problem with your behavior, they only have problems with the ideas you present.
20. You are always right, no matter how much other people dislike the fact.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 40 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
06-07-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: The rational debater's guide, brought to you by I&I
You forgot...

21. Never, ever answer a question.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 10 users Like Anjele's post
10-07-2013, 11:20 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this post.
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
10-07-2013, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 07:44 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-07-2013 12:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Ladies, Gentleman, the time has arrived. You have all marveled at the prowess displayed by the debating guru known as I&I. His snappy retorts, rock-solid arguments, and penetrating insights have captivated all he has crossed paths with. If you have ever wanted to make scintillating, eloquently worded inquires like this...

Quote:Hey stupid fucking fucks

The woo woo right wing pretend atheist Uncle Sam cock sucking stupid fucks that make of the majority of this site are now fucking saying like Chas explicitly said, two opposing objects crashing into one another should make them disintegrate completely? Not crash into pieces and be strewn about but shoud disintegrate completely. Tell me how this is physically possible with regards to chunks of metal being slammed Into one another.

...then fear no more! For now you shall all have the opportunity to dive into the rhetorical brilliance of the master! After spending a significant portion of time studying his ways, I have now compiled my observatory notes into a complete guide of I&I's debating methods. You too, will soon be among the gods of debaters by simply following these quick easy steps! May your opponents tremble in fear at your new found intellectual capabilities!

4. Extraordinary claims only need to be backed up with simple inferential connections and sketchy evidence
5. If an individual requests more evidence for your outrageously preposterous bold claims, they are simply a blind drone that isn't advanced enough to understand your superior intellect.
6. Facts are negotiable for your preferred ideology, just like they are for the government!
7. If an opponent backs you into a corner, change the topic without addressing their points.
8. Be as snide and sardonic as possible, place your intended audience in the same group as the people you are criticizing.
9. Never meet the criteria of evidence your opponents demand, not like you could anyway, since they are obviously wrong.
10. The world does in fact operate under the dichotomies you impose upon it, anybody that doesn't fit your predetermined labels is just a tool too stupid to realize what his actual beliefs are, set him straight!
11. There is no such thing as neutral, you are either for or against something, everything is a binary.
12. There is no way that you are susceptible to the same confirmation bias you accuse your opponents of.
16. DO NOT STOP CONSTRUCTING STRAWMEN! I REPEAT, DO NOT STOP CONSTRUCTING STRAWMEN!
17. Deflect criticism with underhanded jabs aimed at the attacker by bringing up some absurd belief they hold to, whether they actually hold this belief or not is irrelevant.
18. Distort what other people say as frequently as possible, it is common knowledge that people explicitly state that which they do not in fact explicitly state.
19. People don't have a problem with your behavior, they only have problems with the ideas you present.

You may have forgotten one.

22. Always talk about cocks. Cocks. Always use the word "cock" in every argument.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Tartarus, you have outdone yourself. Blush

(06-07-2013 12:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  1. When in doubt, blame America.
Don't most of us already? Drinking Beverage

(06-07-2013 12:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  7. If an opponent backs you into a corner, change the topic without addressing their points.
Anytime anyone is internetically backed into a corner, it gets sexually scary. Get the hell out of there. Sad

(06-07-2013 12:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  13. Other perspectives are worthless, you already have it all figured out.
"I'm right because you're a retarded cocksucker." - I and I

(06-07-2013 12:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  14. Strawmen are your best friends, construct them regularly.
I don't live on a farm though where does one even acquire straw Sad

(06-07-2013 12:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  17. Deflect criticism with underhanded jabs aimed at the attacker by bringing up some absurd belief they hold to, whether they actually hold this belief or not is irrelevant.
"You're a retarded cocksucker." - I and I

(06-07-2013 12:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  20. You are always right, no matter how much other people dislike the fact.
Tongue

I've become a fan of I and I. Simply because he's just that entertaining sometimes. I think I'll buy a yacht for me and Girly.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
11-07-2013, 03:52 AM
(06-07-2013 12:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  You have all marveled at I&I.

An absurd statement.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
11-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Debating with I&I is like throwing a Bologna Sandwich at a Freight Train.

I&I Debate Theme Song.

[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
13-07-2013, 06:34 AM
(10-07-2013 11:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-07-2013 12:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Ladies, Gentleman, the time has arrived. You have all marveled at the prowess displayed by the debating guru known as I&I. His snappy retorts, rock-solid arguments, and penetrating insights have captivated all he has crossed paths with. If you have ever wanted to make scintillating, eloquently worded inquires like this...

You may have forgotten one.

22. Always talk about cocks. Cocks. Always use the word "cock" in every argument.

No, Bucky. That's what you wish would be always used. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-07-2013, 03:48 PM
(13-07-2013 06:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 11:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You may have forgotten one.

No, Bucky. That's what you wish would be always used. Weeping

Nope.
I quote :
"This is not a conspiracy" - "What is it then" - "It is a COCKspiracy"
(I and I)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2013, 05:32 PM
(13-07-2013 03:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 06:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  No, Bucky. That's what you wish would be always used. Weeping

Nope.
I quote :
"This is not a conspiracy" - "What is it then" - "It is a COCKspiracy"
(I and I)

Cocks piracy? Are you saying he's a cock pirate?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post