The real definition of Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2012, 12:05 AM
The real definition of Atheism
http://conservapedia.com/Atheism

We've been fooling ourselves.

Let us return to church and pray for forgiveness.

edit: Haha, just kidding
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 06:17 AM
RE: The real definition of Atheism
Is Conservapedia a parody wiki like Uncyclopedia or Encyclopaedia Dramatica? I can't tell whether the person who wrote that article is joking or not Undecided

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
01-03-2012, 07:18 AM
If only it was. This article is 110% serious.
01-03-2012, 07:41 AM
There's not enough toxic waste in the world, ya gotta link to it? Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
WTF is evangelical atheism?

“And I was HEALED through my no GOD”
“Oh yea, THAT, which is not really anywhere due to non-existence, did HEAL ME, and SAVE me, brothers and sisters”
“And I say to you, nothing, that’s right NOTHING is gunna save YOU! Because that is for you to do for YOURSELF!”
“Amen…”

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post
01-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Wow.

Conservapedia Wrote:Atheism often relies on asserting fragile assumptions that are contrary to the existing evidence.

Really?

Also... I'm going to make a new thread about the "atheism is a religion" shit that pisses me off so much. But here is a good source to try to find out why they try to fit this square peg in that round hole so forcefully, so I'm going to investigate...
01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
(01-03-2012 06:17 AM)robotworld Wrote:  Is Conservapedia a parody wiki like Uncyclopedia or Encyclopaedia Dramatica? I can't tell whether the person who wrote that article is joking or not Undecided

(01-03-2012 07:18 AM)Squid Wrote:  If only it was. This article is 110% serious.

And that is precisely what's so sad.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
01-03-2012, 06:04 PM
You guys can't take this stuff too seriously. Anyone who reads that is gonna find it so far out they'll *have* to question it (right ? right? Confused ). Surely?

Anyway I find it funny that they're *so* scared of atheism that they have to go to these ridiculous lengths to justify that atheists are miserable horrible human beings and *that* is why you should never even consider it, not for one second!
01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
(01-03-2012 06:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  You guys can't take this stuff too seriously. Anyone who reads that is gonna find it so far out they'll *have* to question it (right ? right? Confused ). Surely?

Anyway I find it funny that they're *so* scared of atheism that they have to go to these ridiculous lengths to justify that atheists are miserable horrible human beings and *that* is why you should never even consider it, not for one second!

Sounds bad, but that is one of the aims. Some people don't want to be an atheist simply due to the negative stigma surrounding it. That lasted a little while for me. Part of it was because I didn't know what it meant (even though I had been one for a while), but the other part was because of the reaction from the people who called me it. So, I said I wasn't. It wasn't until I was called it another time before I started trying to find out what the hell an atheist was, and lo and behold, it was the word I was looking for. There was someone on one of the TTA shows that didn't want to lose faith simply because they didn't want to eat babies or some such, before they found out that it wasn't as bad as it sounded... So yeah, it might seem fruitless on their part, but what seems like total insanity to us really does work for some believers that might be losing their faith.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
01-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I have to grant them that, for such idiotic people they sure know how to write a lot. I opened the link and the first thing I thought was tl;dr!!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post