The real definition of Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2012, 07:30 PM
RE: The real definition of Atheism
(01-03-2012 07:15 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I have to grant them that, for such idiotic people they sure know how to write a lot. I opened the link and the first thing I thought was tl;dr!!

Bullshit baffles brains

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 06:56 AM
(01-03-2012 07:15 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I have to grant them that, for such idiotic people they sure know how to write a lot. I opened the link and the first thing I thought was tl;dr!!

The aim might be to put as much information (true or not) out so that people can point to a piece of it and say "see it's on and encyclopedia sounding site, it must be true". Plus it's got lots of words, so they must know what they are talking about, right? Yeah, the site is kind of sad. I wouldn't be surprised if they link this thread to show the proofs of the evil of atheism or something (even though other threads might suit their purposes much better).

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
02-03-2012, 07:00 AM
(02-03-2012 06:56 AM)craniumonempty Wrote:  

The aim might be to put as much information (true or not) out so that people can point to a piece of it and say "see it's on and encyclopedia sounding site, it must be true". Plus it's got lots of words, so they must know what they are talking about, right? Yeah, the site is kind of sad. I wouldn't be surprised if they link this thread to show the proofs of the evil of atheism or something (even though other threads might suit their purposes much better).

of course, but yet again, it amazes me how they do it, the imagination and the ability to twist things they have, if they used that to write fiction literature the lord of the rings would be as good as twilight in comparison. It's a sad thing they don't use their skills for better purposes Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
02-03-2012, 08:25 AM
(02-03-2012 07:00 AM)nach_in Wrote:  

of course, but yet again, it amazes me how they do it, the imagination and the ability to twist things they have, if they used that to write fiction literature the lord of the rings would be as good as twilight in comparison. It's a sad thing they don't use their skills for better purposes Sad

Wait, what?? How dare you insult LOTR! Filth such as Twilight doesn't deserve the title of "literature"!

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
02-03-2012, 08:30 AM
I like the "atheism and communism" chapter. Where he goes on to talk about all the evil things communist countries have done because of non belief. Has there never been violence due to religion? I can think of more do to religion than I can think of violence in general.
[+] 1 user Likes hollowpointm16's post
02-03-2012, 10:36 AM
It sounds crazy- but just look at Ken Ham and Kent Hovind if you really doubt that anyone could believe this. People can and do take this stuff seriously and will vehemently defend it. I think that it is a mistake to completely ignore it because there are people out there who are discouraged or mislead by it who otherwise might be free-thinkers if they could just break free of religion and control in the first place.
02-03-2012, 10:42 AM
well 2 can play at this game, sense its a wiki page anyone can edit it, lets go to town on this website!
02-03-2012, 10:42 AM
(02-03-2012 08:25 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 07:00 AM)nach_in Wrote:  

Wait, what?? How dare you insult LOTR! Filth such as Twilight doesn't deserve the title of "literature"!

It just a hypothetical comparison! damn, I knew I should go with harry potter... ehh sorry? Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
02-03-2012, 11:29 AM
(02-03-2012 10:42 AM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  well 2 can play at this game, sense its a wiki page anyone can edit it, lets go to town on this website!