The regressive left.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 11:14 PM
The regressive left.
Well I am bored, and I thought well this will start up a conversation of many world views.

Any opinions on this group? I would love to get the perspective of the regressive left from liberals or other left leaning people.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: The regressive left.
They seem to think terms have a lot of value and weight for no explicable at least not elaborated sense.

Beyond that the mainly thing I don't agree with it is their just political voting summed up view because it's cowing to the adage notions that ignores plenty of recent evidential cases.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
06-06-2016, 11:49 PM
(06-06-2016 11:31 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Beyond that the mainly thing I don't agree with it is their just political voting summed up view because it's cowing to the adage notions that ignores plenty of recent evidential cases.

Like the immigrant issue in europe

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-06-2016, 07:49 AM
I am most amazed , sometimes amused and sometimes angered, by the complete lack of self awareness the regressive left is demonstrating.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 6 users Like Slowminded's post
07-06-2016, 08:14 AM
(07-06-2016 07:49 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I am most amazed , sometimes amused and sometimes angered, by the complete lack of self awareness the regressive left is demonstrating.

They think everything is for equal rights or something like that.

07-06-2016, 08:40 AM
(07-06-2016 08:14 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 07:49 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I am most amazed , sometimes amused and sometimes angered, by the complete lack of self awareness the regressive left is demonstrating.

They think everything is for equal rights or something like that.

You have to use a very broad definition of "thinking" to describe the process they utilize to come up with shit they come up with.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
07-06-2016, 10:30 AM
(07-06-2016 08:40 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 08:14 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  They think everything is for equal rights or something like that.

You have to use a very broad definition of "thinking" to describe the process they utilize to come up with shit they come up with.

Well just because someone is thinking doesn't mean that what they are thinking is intelligent.

07-06-2016, 10:51 AM
(07-06-2016 10:30 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 08:40 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You have to use a very broad definition of "thinking" to describe the process they utilize to come up with shit they come up with.

Well just because someone is thinking doesn't mean that what they are thinking is intelligent.

Yes, in general, but it is not (just) the lack of intelligence that would make someone to think that banning people from speaking is a good way to promote free speech, or that segregating cultures is a good way of promoting multiculturalism and tolerance. There must be more to that then just plain old stupidity.

07-06-2016, 12:07 PM
(07-06-2016 10:51 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 10:30 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well just because someone is thinking doesn't mean that what they are thinking is intelligent.

Yes, in general, but it is not (just) the lack of intelligence that would make someone to think that banning people from speaking is a good way to promote free speech, or that segregating cultures is a good way of promoting multiculturalism and tolerance. There must be more to that then just plain old stupidity.

In reality it is trying to get the world to work there way. Look at all aspects of what makes up the regressive left. It reminds me of the religious right.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-06-2016, 12:44 PM
What makes it the regressive left as opposed to y'know, just the left?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post