The regressive left.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2016, 05:29 AM
RE: The regressive left.
(07-06-2016 07:49 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I am most amazed , sometimes amused and sometimes angered, by the complete lack of self awareness the regressive left is demonstrating.

There is nothing "regressive" about valuing other humans. Fuck you. Now the only thing about my "left" that can be rightfully criticized is our empathy does far to often allow us to be too sensitive to blasphemy. But outside that, it fucking bullshit to claim that the modern left wants us to become Stalin's Russia or Cuba. That cold war bullshit wont work anymore.

The economic and religious right are the fucking assholes. Take your Ayn Rand bullshit and shove it. Regulations are why we got lead out of gas. Regulations are why cars have seat belts and air bags. And no, we don't fucking need to keep burning fossil fuels. Oil still being used today is like still insisting on using rotary phones in an age of cell phones.

The economic right wants to compete so that we can look like China and India's sweat shop labor. NO and fuck you!

The left is not anti private sector for saying wages are not keeping up with the cost of living. We are not anti private sector for saying one class does not get to dictate to us. We are not against all wealth simply for saying right now, it has far too much of a fucking piss poor attitude to the workers it gets rich off of.

NO we DONT want to be come Cuba, so take your cold war bullshit and shove it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2016, 05:56 AM
(08-06-2016 05:29 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 07:49 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I am most amazed , sometimes amused and sometimes angered, by the complete lack of self awareness the regressive left is demonstrating.

There is nothing "regressive" about valuing other humans. Fuck you. Now the only thing about my "left" that can be rightfully criticized is our empathy does far to often allow us to be too sensitive to blasphemy. But outside that, it fucking bullshit to claim that the modern left wants us to become Stalin's Russia or Cuba. That cold war bullshit wont work anymore.

The economic and religious right are the fucking assholes. Take your Ayn Rand bullshit and shove it. Regulations are why we got lead out of gas. Regulations are why cars have seat belts and air bags. And no, we don't fucking need to keep burning fossil fuels. Oil still being used today is like still insisting on using rotary phones in an age of cell phones.

The economic right wants to compete so that we can look like China and India's sweat shop labor. NO and fuck you!

The left is not anti private sector for saying wages are not keeping up with the cost of living. We are not anti private sector for saying one class does not get to dictate to us. We are not against all wealth simply for saying right now, it has far too much of a fucking piss poor attitude to the workers it gets rich off of.

NO we DONT want to be come Cuba, so take your cold war bullshit and shove it.

I have a question for everybody taking part in this discussion, do you think that this kind of comment is a constructive one and does it even deserve a courteous response?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
08-06-2016, 06:05 AM
(08-06-2016 05:29 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  take your cold war bullshit and shove it.

Where shall I shove it Lord? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
08-06-2016, 06:58 AM
(07-06-2016 08:40 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You have to use a very broad definition of "thinking" to describe the process they utilize to come up with shit they come up with.

(08-06-2016 05:56 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I have a question for everybody taking part in this discussion, do you think that this kind of comment is a constructive one and does it even deserve a courteous response?

I have wondered the same thing since the earliest posts in this thread.
08-06-2016, 08:02 AM
(08-06-2016 06:58 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 08:40 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You have to use a very broad definition of "thinking" to describe the process they utilize to come up with shit they come up with.

(08-06-2016 05:56 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I have a question for everybody taking part in this discussion, do you think that this kind of comment is a constructive one and does it even deserve a courteous response?

I have wondered the same thing since the earliest posts in this thread.

You are obviously making a mistake thinking that I object to Brian`s post because it contains insults towards me . That`s the least of the problems with it.
I have a problem with his post because he is working on completely unfounded assumptions about my position and he is going of on some insane tangents that only make sense in his mind and are in no way connected to what we are talking about here.

Also, there is a difference between what I said and the insults Brian was vomiting.
Difference being comparable with saying "racists are idiots" and accusing somebody of being a racist.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
08-06-2016, 08:09 AM
(08-06-2016 08:02 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 06:58 AM)I Am Wrote:  I have wondered the same thing since the earliest posts in this thread.

You are obviously making a mistake thinking that I object to Brian`s post because it contains insults towards me.

Nope. This thread started in a spirit of generalized denigration. I questioned whether that merited a courteous response.

I didn't read Brian's post. I read your post, and agreed with the spirit of it as applied to the whole conversation. You helped set the tone here. I am surprised you don't like others folowing suit.
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
08-06-2016, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 10:00 AM by Slowminded.)
(08-06-2016 08:09 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 08:02 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You are obviously making a mistake thinking that I object to Brian`s post because it contains insults towards me.

Nope. This thread started in a spirit of generalized denigration. I questioned whether that merited a courteous response.

I didn't read Brian's post. I read your post, and agreed with the spirit of it as applied to the whole conversation. You helped set the tone here. I am surprised you don't like others folowing suit.

What exactly is a "generalized denigration" ? Saying that regressive leftists are not very bright? I stand by that remark fully.

If you actually paid attention to what I wrote you would see that I defined regressive leftist as someone who abandons or abuses liberal principles, like free speech for example.
So, If you support the idea of stifling free speech because you deem it offensive , yes, I think that you are a fakn idiot.

Unless you complain about "generalized denigration" when somebody says that Trump supporters are haters or racists for example , please spare me from your fake moral indignation.

Also, claiming that it was my post that triggered Brian`s reaction and that he is just following the tone set by me is either uninformed or dishonest.
He has a history of trowing tantrums on the forum , regardless of the tone of the discussion.

And

Quote:I didn't read Brian's post.

How do you know that Brian was just following suit if you didn`t read his post?
Says a lot about your objectivity.

[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
08-06-2016, 09:52 AM
(08-06-2016 05:29 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  There is nothing "regressive" about valuing other humans.

But it is regressive to use it as an excuse to push an agenda that hurts people.

(08-06-2016 05:29 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  But outside that, it fucking bullshit to claim that the modern left wants us to become Stalin's Russia or Cuba. That cold war bullshit wont work anymore.

Not really Stalin's Russia or Cuba, but instead a Marxist wonder land. Between wanting equality of outcome(which goes against equality of opportunity for the most part), and claiming that because the system is against some people because of what they are and there for someone can be racist or sexist.

(08-06-2016 05:29 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  The economic and religious right are the fucking assholes. Take your Ayn Rand bullshit and shove it. Regulations are why we got lead out of gas. Regulations are why cars have seat belts and air bags. And no, we don't fucking need to keep burning fossil fuels. Oil still being used today is like still insisting on using rotary phones in an age of cell phones.

You are right, they do suck, but I don't get why you brought up. This is that at least we are not x excuse. Every time I hear someone do it, I cringe and die a little inside.

(08-06-2016 05:29 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  The left is not anti private sector for saying wages are not keeping up with the cost of living. We are not anti private sector for saying one class does not get to dictate to us.

Well not reasonable people on the left, but on the unreasonable ones want to separate based on race and gender.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-06-2016, 10:02 AM
(07-06-2016 05:46 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  If you think it's wrong to criticize Islam, you're part of the regressive left.

If you think all pro-lifers are prolife because they want to control women's vaginas, you're part of it.

If you think it's wrong to label a 50 year old man who thinks he's a 6 year old girl, as mentally ill, etc.....

The new feminist wave, etc..all of it, it's authoritarian in nature and is the biggest threat to free speech.

Not that I agree with crowder, but he does a good job of illustrating the craziness.
What if one is a religious conservative and think it's wrong to criticize Islam because they view all religions as high on their purity or sanctity view of things.

Are they both a right and left person?

This is the thing that's so silly in scope about the term left or liberal. A reasonable person on the left vs an unreasonable person on the left is a bland abstraction.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-06-2016, 10:47 AM
People seem to be offended by the "left" being the part of "regressive left" epithet, like , if you even suggest that something coming from the left might remotely be considered as bad their heads explode, even tho it is the "regressive" part that is bad.

Regressive: returning to a former or less developed state; characterized by regression.

Criticizing "regressive left" is not a critique of left in general, it is a critique of the extreme part of the left wing that advocates for policies that actually stifle individual rights and freedoms under the pretense of "greater good".

[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post