The regret is already setting in

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2016, 02:07 AM
RE: The regret is already setting in
(11-11-2016 01:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 10:42 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm still trying to assimilate the sick feeling of a chump presidency. My wife is telling me to "respect the office", but I'm not going there.

Fuck that. What has respect gotten us so far? What has concession, negotiation, and bargaining across the aisle done? They stomped their feet like petulant children, did nothing but block and obfuscate progress for the sake of contrarianism, and they got the keys to the kingdom for it.

Fuck compromise. Dodgy

Yeah, I'm a little sick of the high road. And the low road.

You know what? I'm sick of old Scottish hymns that don't make sense in general.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
11-11-2016, 02:52 AM
(10-11-2016 08:28 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  What does your sociology degree tell you about the wisdom of taunting a large group of people who are frightened, frustrated and angry and have no viable outlet for those emotions?
Hahahahaha. Wait, you were being serious? Hahahahaha! The way that you and most liberals on this forum and throughout the country have been acting towards Trump supporters is exactly the reason why you ended up with President Trump, you blind fool. Your arrogance, your hubris, your condescension, your dismissal and your mockery of the millions of people who voted Trump because they've been left behind by the Democrats, who are afraid for the future of their families and frustrated about and angry with the corruption in Washington is why you ended up with President Trump. You and your kind branding and shaming average citizens who are just worried about the future of their family as racists, misogynists, islamophobes and uneducated rednecks is why you ended up with President Trump. People being beat up in the streets by the savage liberal apes for voting and supporting Trump is why you ended up with President Trump.

You people and the liberal media in their ivory towers are so far removed from the issues that the less fortunate in your society are facing that you were all completely surprised when Trump won even though you shouldn't have been. Me, a guy from Europe in his 20s who has never been in the US, was more in touch with these people than you were. Voting for Trump was the only viable outlet these people saw for their emotions in the face of the opposition who represented nothing but the status quo and more abandonment. You never even made an attempt at understanding their very legitimate concerns, you dismissed them outright because "Haha, you must be so stupid voting for an orange Drumpf with tiny hands!" I would show you people some slack, but it's clear that you have learned no lesson from this election. I expected all the people who dismissed Trump and his supporters and confidently claimed Hillary would win in a landslide to show at least a minute of humility, but no such luck. You went right back to calling Trump supporters racists, sexists, rednecks and so on and so forth, bitching and moaning about the outcome of a democratic election.

Keep this up and you'll end up with another 4 years of President Trump in 2020. You can't say I didn't warn you.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
11-11-2016, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016 03:51 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-11-2016 02:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 08:28 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  What does your sociology degree tell you about the wisdom of taunting a large group of people who are frightened, frustrated and angry and have no viable outlet for those emotions?
Hahahahaha. Wait, you were being serious? Hahahahaha! The way that you and most liberals on this forum and throughout the country have been acting towards Trump supporters is exactly the reason why you ended up with President Trump, you blind fool. Your arrogance, your hubris, your condescension, your dismissal and your mockery of the millions of people who voted Trump because they've been left behind by the Democrats, who are afraid for the future of their families and frustrated about and angry with the corruption in Washington is why you ended up with President Trump. You and your kind branding and shaming average citizens who are just worried about the future of their family as racists, misogynists, islamophobes and uneducated rednecks is why you ended up with President Trump. People being beat up in the streets by the savage liberal apes for voting and supporting Trump is why you ended up with President Trump.

They're frustrated with the system, one that largely no longer functions because of the Republicans. They stomped their feet and refused to do anything till they got their way, ground the government to a halt, and then wrote off the blame for their actions onto the Democrats. The Dem's biggest mistake was trying to keep to the high ground, to negotiate, to actually do their fucking jobs and govern. They should have just devolved into shit flinging gorillas like the Tea Party loons, so at least they wouldn't have a strangle hold on setting the narrative.

(11-11-2016 02:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You people and the liberal media in their ivory towers are so far removed from the issues that the less fortunate in your society are facing that you were all completely surprised when Trump won even though you shouldn't have been. Me, a guy from Europe in his 20s who has never been in the US, was more in touch with these people than you were. Voting for Trump was the only viable outlet these people saw for their emotions in the face of the opposition who represented nothing but the status quo and more abandonment.

Low information voters have been voting against their own best economic interests for decades. They vote for Republicans, who weaken unions and strengthen corporations, and get angry when those same corporations cut jobs and benefits or move the work overseas. They vote against education, destroying the future for their own children. They vote against regulations that keep their own air and water clean.

Keeping things working is a thankless job. Everybody wants to be at the ribbon cutting ceremony, not to be in charge of maintenance after the fact. Republican broke the system, and rabble rouse in opposition to a system that doesn't work, largely because they broke it. The Democrats didn't do enough to remind people of that fact. Nobody appreciates a well oiled machine when it's just working, and the Republicans jammed up the gears of governance so they could squeal for grease.

[Image: nn7jo.jpg?a410616]

^ Republican governance in a nutshell. ^

(11-11-2016 02:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You never even made an attempt at understanding their very legitimate concerns, you dismissed them outright because "Haha, you must be so stupid voting for an orange Drumpf with tiny hands!" I would show you people some slack, but it's clear that you have learned no lesson from this election. I expected all the people who dismissed Trump and his supporters and confidently claimed Hillary would win in a landslide to show at least a minute of humility, but no such luck. You went right back to calling Trump supporters racists, sexists, rednecks and so on and so forth, bitching and moaning about the outcome of a democratic election.

They do exist, even if they're not the majority. But it's clear that we're living in a post-truth America. Where what is true doesn't matter. It simply doesn't. How are you supposed to reason with such a large group of unreasonable people? We had a candidate that would make up a number, attach it to a problem, and make shit up out of this air. Bullshit so rancid and utterly fallacious that even the most conservative news source you could take seriously would call it bullshit. But it didn't matter. Enough of the electorate thinks climate change is a myth and Jesus is going to save them.

He committed how many campaign ending gaffes? Gary Johnson forget what Aleppo was and got savaged for it, but how many passes did Trump get for far more egregious offenses? Liberal media my ass. You don't have to be liberal to just repeat what Trump actually said and be horrified by it.

See Also: DarkLordHelmet

That is, before he dies of lead poisoning from his water after Trump dismantles the EPA with his blessing.

(11-11-2016 02:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Keep this up and you'll end up with another 4 years of President Trump in 2020. You can't say I didn't warn you.

Trump is going to make America great again, just not the way he expected. He's going to go off the reservation, destroying all the progress that was made in the last 8 years. This electorate, and especially the young and up and coming voters, will learn the hard lesson about sitting out the election and just assuming the things will run on cruise control. We're all going to have to come face to face with the reality of letting the inmates run the asylum, and it's going to go one of two ways. Either we'll pull back from the brink, having learned the hard way that democracy cannot work without supervision. Or we'll continue down this path towards stupidity, and ultimately, irrelevance.

Either way, the world will be better for it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post