The religious are so persecuted... They have to stage their persecution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Thumbs Down The religious are so persecuted... They have to stage their persecution
With all the real persecution of their faith out there, couldn't they have just used real life examples... Consider oh wait, that's right, they don't exist. Facepalm

Police helped three pastors stage a fake arrests. The charges... "Defending the faith" Dodgy

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/...tion-video

Here's the video. An article with more details, and the same video are in the link.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 08:17 PM
RE: The religious are so persecuted... They have to stage their persecution
SO, these idiot cops are staging these "skits" on the public dole? Disgusting.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Huh

So if I've understood it correctly, that's state funds being used to endorse one church's marketing strategy?

Isn't there some rule against that over there?

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
07-03-2014, 08:39 PM
This is perfect. They can just keep on doing things like this, they'll be "persecuted" by people telling them how idiotic they are and getting angry with them in no time!
07-03-2014, 08:40 PM
The religious are so persecuted... They have to stage their persecution
(07-03-2014 08:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Huh

So if I've understood it correctly, that's state funds being used to endorse one church's marketing strategy?

Allegedly. Except the Good Ol' Boys club loves to ignore it for Jeebus. Especially in places like Ohio.

[Image: deliv01-W5401.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
07-03-2014, 08:53 PM
(07-03-2014 08:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Huh

Yeah, we have pretty clear rules on it. Unfortunately the people in charge of enforcing those rules help put on stunts like this. Dodgy

It is really so fitting. They have to create fake persecution, just so they can prove how persecuted they are. I'd really like to think it doesn't get dumber than this.... But I know I'd be proven wrong.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
07-03-2014, 08:54 PM
It's so utterly pathetic the way Christians try to portray themselves as being the victims of persecution when all they have been doing for the last 2,000 years is shoving their religious bullshit down the throats of everybody else in this world. If I wasn't already atheist, seeing some shit like this would probably have pushed me to the atheist side of the fence.

The problem is that the actual definition of "persecute", and the Christian definition are different:

Real definition of the word "persecute": To subject (someone) to hostility and ill-treatment, esp. because of their race or political or religious beliefs.

Christian definition of "persecute": To not allow Christians to force their beliefs on the rest of society.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 6 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
07-03-2014, 09:41 PM
(07-03-2014 08:54 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  ...
Real definition of the word "persecute": To subject (someone) to hostility and ill-treatment, esp. because of their race or political or religious beliefs.

... and by this definition, persecution is a reality for many.

The makers of this vid obviously have a bias and an agenda but this does not make the data less real:

Here's an interesting thought...

Who here on TTA has thought of religion as a virus?

If that is true, then it makes perfect sense to attempt to purge it.
Examples: North Korea's current policy;
Ancient Japan's policy when Buddhism started to spread;
Killings of early missionaries;
The holocaust;

Given that we are dealing with the spread of information here, international best practice for Information processes are relevant.
Here are the process activities (and measures) for dealing with security incidents, such as viruses:
Threat
(Prevention / Reduction)
Incident
(Detection / Repression)
Damage
(Corrective / Recovery)
Control

Nothing in there about persecution but repression? Yeah, go for it!

In some cultures, of course, historically, there have often been great benefits when a host has learned to live with and adapt to mild viral attacks.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
07-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Stand your ground, kill some one, and walk away a free man.

And pastors are arrested for preaching ?

What are you going to do when they come for you, bad boys?

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
08-03-2014, 02:19 AM
Hmm...
I know this was fake so don't assume I don't when reading this next text:
I don't think that if this was a real situation and they were getting arrested they wouldn't defend the faith, they would beg, because I know these idiot pastor don't REALLY believe hell and shit and actually want to live their lives.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post