The repentance of an anti-gay bully

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-01-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: The repentance of an anti-gay bully
Everyone takes differently to these things. My Trans friend got an enormous amount of grief at his staunch boys school, but because of who he is he thinks it is funny and it made him strong. Things that happened to him in adulthood were much more harmful.

I think it is great you have made your peace with these guys, but it may mean more to you than it does to them. I did a terrible thing to my best friend which I agonized over for 7 years. When we brought to together by mutual friend to patch things up she was more upset than I was about what I had gone through and she considered it moot and outside of a short, fraught conversation we never mentioned it again. She had forgiven me long past the point I was still holding onto it. But then she is a much better person than I am.

It takes guts to do what the OP has done and the ability to evolve and grow as a person is one of the fabulous parts of being human. Even if it does mean some shitty times along the way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Good shit Mallard Thumbsup

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I will have to be honset with you. I was serverly bullied from my 7th to 14th year of age. I suffer nightmare and regular feats of agression and depression. And the last thing I would ever do is forgive the people who did all that shit to me. Why would I ever want to leaviate the guilt these people feel if they feel guilty at all.

I am not gay and nobody deserves to go through such horrible shit. And since childhood is a persons phase which more than any other determines what a persons character would be like: Why should I ever trust a person who spends his or her childhood getting joy out of torturing people, to grow up into being a responsible adult?

I dont believe that. My childhood of being abused by relatives and people of the same age tought me to reject violence and the notion tha one can do with the weak whatever one wants to. What did your childhood teach you?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
13-01-2014, 10:21 PM
(13-01-2014 09:56 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I will have to be honset with you. I was serverly bullied from my 7th to 14th year of age. I suffer nightmare and regular feats of agression and depression. And the last thing I would ever do is forgive the people who did all that shit to me. Why would I ever want to leaviate the guilt these people feel if they feel guilty at all.

I am not gay and nobody deserves to go through such horrible shit. And since childhood is a persons phase which more than any other determines what a persons character would be like: Why should I ever trust a person who spends his or her childhood getting joy out of torturing people, to grow up into being a responsible adult?

I dont believe that. My childhood of being abused by relatives and people of the same age tought me to reject violence and the notion tha one can do with the weak whatever one wants to. What did your childhood teach you?

Um -- and not to discount or diminish your experience and your feelings at all -- I think that, having reflected upon his childhood extensively, it has taught him a great deal, and that it shows now.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
14-01-2014, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2014 10:25 AM by TwoCultSurvivor.)
(13-01-2014 07:27 PM)Pippen Wrote:  I think it is great you have made your peace with these guys, but it may mean more to you than it does to them.
I think you are correct, but I only learned that after I made my peace with them.

Thank you for your other kind words.

Meanwhile, Taqiyya answered the question posed by The Germans Are Coming. I have nothing to add to that.
I am now quite vocal in my support of gay rights and marriage equality, and I have lost relationships with family members over the issue (because THEY chose to cut me off).
14-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Congratulations on allowing yourself to become wiser. Great to see someone design the life they wish to have and crawl out of the shadows.
Glad your friend forgave you and life marches forward on a positive note,

Good for you
Good for you
Good for you

Heart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.