The response I got from telling a Ministry leader he has no evidence of God...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: The response I got from telling a Ministry leader he has no evidence of God...
Soooo, I took this priests' advice and googled laminin. Apparently on top of reminding us that god is the glue that holds us all together, it also plays a significant role in cancer development; reminding us that while god loves us and holds us all together with his microscopic crosses, he also uses those little guys to kill us slowly and painfully.

I feel like theists spend so much time praying for a better life after death, they don't fully appreciate or enjoy the one they have now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like nbberm2's post
18-07-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: The response I got from telling a Ministry leader he has no evidence of God...
(18-07-2014 01:52 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  "...
Do you realize, we base the measurement of the passage of time on the life and death of Jesus Christ? BC=before Christ, AD=Anno Domini 'in the year of the Lord'. Seems to me that He is pretty important to mankind.
... "

Who is he calling 'we'?

In Iran and Afghanistan, the year is... 1393 SH (Solar Hijri calendar)

In Saudi Arabia, the year is 1435 AH (Hijri calendar)

In Thailand, the year is 2557 BE (Buddhist Era: พ.ศ. พุทธศักราช póot ta sàk-gà-râat)

Thanks for playing

Buddha wins.

Smartass

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
18-07-2014, 07:07 PM
(18-07-2014 06:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
Do you realize, we base the measurement of the passage of time on the life and death of Jesus Christ? BC=before Christ, AD=Anno Domini 'in the year of the Lord'. Seems to me that He is pretty important to mankind.
... "

Who is he calling 'we'?

In Thailand, the year is 2557 BE (Buddhist Era: พ.ศ. พุทธศักราช póot ta sàk-gà-râat)

Thanks for playing

Buddha wins.

Smartass

Correction: Buddha always does and does not win. Middle path.
[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post
18-07-2014, 07:11 PM
... "

Who is he calling 'we'?

Thanks for playing

Buddha wins.

Smartass

But also the others must be congratulated for helping Buddha win. Smartass

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
18-07-2014, 07:46 PM
... "

Who is he calling 'we'?

Thanks for playing

Buddha wins.

Smartass

2557 BE, where is my goddamn flying car?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
19-07-2014, 12:10 AM
I like showing them this little gem:

[Image: Truth_zps7100233d.jpg]
[+] 9 users Like Jagare's post
19-07-2014, 01:27 AM
Why can't I see religious symbols in my oatmeal?
[+] 1 user Likes BillHicksWorshipper's post
19-07-2014, 03:39 AM
Why does this guy seem to be copy and pasting the same fucking appealing to emotion and all of the other logical fallacy arguments that EVERY Christian makes? I swear, that argument is so easy to tear apart it is not even funny.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
19-07-2014, 06:49 AM
(18-07-2014 03:35 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(18-07-2014 01:52 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  "I have evidence everywhere! The heavens declare the works of the Lord. Look at the amazing works in the universe. Look all around you: look at the trees, mountains, flowers all made by God. Look at the human body! DNA is a code made by a Creator! Just as computer programs must have a programmer, so too the human body and DNA needed a Creator to create it. We did not just happen. Nothing can NOT create something. God is the master Creator and Jesus Christ IS Lord, Savior, and KING! Over 500 people witnessed His risen body after His death, burial, and resurrection. THAT IS PROOF! I know God, He knows me. I have seen the many miracles He has caused in my own life. The bible says the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but unto us who are being saved it is the power of God!

Look up 'laminin'. Google it. This is a protein cell that holds all the other cells of the body together. It is in the shape of the cross. God is reminding people, even through science, that He is the master Creator.

You have been presented the Truth of God's Word and Jesus Christ the Savior. Like Jesus said in John 3:18 'he who does not believe in the only begotten son of God is condemned already.' By your denial of Him, you have condemned yourself to hell. You can laugh all you want now but I promise you, when you stand before Him one day (and you will) you will not be laughing any more.

I'm done here. You have heard the Truth. Of course you will, as foolish people like you will do, have to have the last word to try to justify your ignorant opinion. I will keep you in my prayers but it is clear you have already hardened your heart to real Truth.

God's Word has been proven over and over. Bible prophecies have come true with 100% accuracy. Many more are coming. Do you realize, we base the measurement of the passage of time on the life and death of Jesus Christ? BC=before Christ, AD=Anno Domini 'in the year of the Lord'. Seems to me that He is pretty important to mankind. You may want to get to know Him better. Just saying...

God bless you. You can sit there and call me names and laugh at the Truth while I pray for your soul. Denying Truth does not make it untrue; it just makes you a denier of Truth. It is still True whether you believe it or not. 500 years ago people thought the earth was flat. Did that make it flat? NO, of course not. It was still round no matter what they thought. Jesus IS Truth no matter what you think. God loves you so much that He sent His son Jesus to pay the price for your sins that you deserve to pay. All you have to do is trust that He is who He said He is. May God make Himself known to you in such a big way that you no longer deny Him. His peace I leave with you in Jesus name. Amen and good bye. "

I mean he used Laminin as evidence, fucking Laminin! How desperate can one get!

Oh why couldn't he have attacked me with that BS, I would have dismantled him line by line...sigh.

oh for next time, when they talk about prophesies...

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/proph/long.html

I gave him a quick refute and then didn't reply back to anything else after that. When someone is that far deluded it isn't worth the time and effort, they are far too deep in bullshit to save.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
[+] 1 user Likes TheLogicalAthiest's post
19-07-2014, 06:55 AM
(18-07-2014 05:32 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  Here's what laminin actually looks like -

[Image: laminin3.jpg]

Nothing like a cross.

*peers really closely*

... It.. It kinda looks like an Unknown from Pokemon....

Well, that settles that; where's my Charizard?!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.