The response I got from telling a Ministry leader he has no evidence of God...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2014, 07:33 AM
RE: The response I got from telling a Ministry leader he has no evidence of God...
I'm seeing Rudolf the red nose reindeer.
This is obvious proof that Santa is real

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
19-07-2014, 08:05 AM
RE: The response I got from telling a Ministry leader he has no evidence of God...
(19-07-2014 06:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-07-2014 05:32 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  Here's what laminin actually looks like -

[Image: laminin3.jpg]

Nothing like a cross.

*peers really closely*

... It.. It kinda looks like an Unknown from Pokemon....

Well, that settles that; where's my Charizard?!

Proof that they do exist. Best get to my local pokemart and stock up

I feel like theists spend so much time praying for a better life after death, they don't fully appreciate or enjoy the one they have now.
[+] 1 user Likes nbberm2's post
19-07-2014, 09:04 AM
if you wants me to believe in a god which you say is real then give me your gods name, address, phone number, e-mail address, shoe size, medical record, blood type, fav food, hobbies

I'm waiting
...................... 200million years later................
I'm still waiting
19-07-2014, 10:18 AM
(18-07-2014 01:52 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  "I have evidence everywhere! The heavens declare the works of the Lord. Look at the amazing works in the universe. Look all around you: look at the trees, mountains, flowers all made by God. Look at the human body! DNA is a code made by a Creator!

I got a similar response from my time in the den of Baptists. I said that there is no non-presuppositional evidence that God exists. Every claim involves presupposing God to prove God. I got no less than five independent answers saying "creation is proof of God". Each time, I said how you have to presuppose that God exists for that to be proof of God, and no one had an answer.

I also got some half-assed attempt at the ontological argument (that was easier to defeat than normal) and some bullshit about fulfilled prophesies. The woman maintains her 100% success rate by claiming that God will switch from talking about the near future to the far future (thousands of years out, as in, it hasn't happened yet) in adjacent verses "all the time" (her words). Sure, God was talking about what Nebuchadnezzar would do in the near future, then two verses later, in the same prophesy, he says that he'll dry up the Nile, maybe a few thousand years later, when he gets around to it. What a great punishment! You piss me off, Egypt? I'll punish some people you'll never know who will just happen to inhabit this same bit of land that I'm mad at now.

Actually, that sounds a lot like YHWH. She might be onto something...
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
21-07-2014, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2014 08:55 AM by kingschosen.)
Eesh... why do my fellow Christians do/say stupid stuff like this.

Facepalm

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
22-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Because they don't have better arguments.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
22-07-2014, 11:21 AM
(18-07-2014 01:52 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  Of course you will, as foolish people like you will do, have to have the last word to try to justify your ignorant opinion.
Why didn't he just say what he really meant? Which was... "Shut up before you say something for which I have no counter argument... I'm treading water already with weak smoke screens as it is!"

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
22-07-2014, 11:24 AM
(21-07-2014 09:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Eesh... why do my fellow Christians do/say stupid stuff like this.

Facepalm

Because they, unlike you, realise that atheists are retarded.

Truth seeker.
22-07-2014, 01:38 PM
(22-07-2014 11:24 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-07-2014 09:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Eesh... why do my fellow Christians do/say stupid stuff like this.

Facepalm

Because they, unlike you, realise that atheists are retarded.

trolls like you really intrigue me, since you are apparently unable to substantiate and validate your belief system, you instead wish to play 4th grade level logic word strawman games. Perhaps if you can grip your delusion a bit tighter, rock back and forth while humming to yourself "I believe, I believe, I believe" and attempt to posit an individual thought about why do you have faith, you would receive serious debate. In the meantime, we will wait patiently while you learn about your own faith. Perhaps you should enroll in some theology classes? Christian spirituality vision is a dandy, I could refer you to some books as well. Your fascination with your favorite you-tuber fanatic (or wherever you are getting these weak attacks from) as a basis for your "wealth" of knowledge on this subject just reflects the shallowness of your intellect on this subject.

Don't make me take you to the woodshed. Read, research, practice introspective analysis on WHY you believe. If, as I assume, it is the anthropocentric, hubris Abrahamic faith of Christianity, then be smart enough to research it, learn who wrote the OT, the NT, learn what pseudepigrapha is and how it applies to a majority of the bible....perhaps research emperor constantine's impact on Christianity, etc etc....you running onto the forum swinging BS just discredits people of faith who can actually articulate why they believe.

When you are ready to sit at the adult table and enter a conversation, let me know, until then *points* back to the kiddy table.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
22-07-2014, 01:40 PM
The response I got from telling a Ministry leader he has no evidence of God...

Facepalm

Why aren't you helping them, KC? Most curious indeed...

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum